Chapter 2: Vincent

" We're moving to America!"

     Those were the words that exploded from my mother's mouth last week. And just like I hate fireworks I hated what left her mouth.

It wasn't that I disliked America it's just that I loved my home more. Now that I'm packing, I realize the way I reacted probably wasn't best.

[FLASHBACK]

"WHAT!"
I slammed all my market research on the table and stormed out of the conference room. Whom ever I came in contact with I treated like absolute crap. So Deng Lun, my receptionist, and the valet. And every driver who I happened to see on my way home.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

But it's a good thing most of our employees are able to move, but I feel bad for the ones with children, moving to a new place can be hard. Right after my mother divorced my father she sent me to a school in France. And I was constantly in this state of mind numbing hate, also my classmates called me a "chink" which I soon learned was a derogatory term for people of Asian heritage.

But moving to America is an opportunity for Arva to gain popularity across the globe. But my mother never said where in America we were going, I'm hoping that we go to California so we could be like Google, a multimillion dollar corporation. And I'm not too fond of the overbearing  chill of winter.

But as I closed the door to my house for maybe the last time for awhile I can't help but be slightly optimistic about what is to come.

Walking to my car with three bags and a suitcase wasn't as much of a challenge as I thought it would be, and with that small victory I hopped in my car hopeful but slightly scared for what was to come.