nINE

"Trent, since the boys have date night could you drop me, Cynthia and Baker off at the mall before you take them for dinner?" Madi questioned as we were walking out of the venue to the van. After every show the boys had 'date night' with a select group of girls who bought tickets to have dinner with them. It was a really neat idea that allowed them some extra time with the boy of their choice.

"Yeah, I guess. Just keep your phones turned up because once dinner is done we're leaving for Costa Mesa," Trent told the three of us. We all nodded and I slid my phone out of my back pocket to turn the volume back on. I climbed up into the van and plopped myself down next to Jaden since my normal seat next to Payton was filled by Josh.

"Hey cutie," Jaden smiled over at me and I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, J," I smiled. Besides Payton and Chase I was probably closest to Jaden out of all the boys. He was the first person I started talking to when I joined TikTok and he instantly became like a brother to me.

"I feel like we haven't talked this entire time yet," he pouted his lips and began to play with the bracelet a fan had made me that I had put on during the meet and greet.

"I know," I sighed. "Next stop, we need some time together. I've missed you."

"Missed you too. It's been since what? When I came out to your house a few months back?" he said in more of a question and I nodded my head. A few months ago for my sixteenth birthday Jaden had flown up to Pennsylvania to surprise me. The doorbell had rang and my mom had insisted that I answer the door. I was already weary because normally her or my dad would have just answered the door, but they were both laughing and making me go. I fell into Jaden's arms in tears of joy as soon as I opened the door. My mom video taped the whole thing and made sure to post my ugly crying on every social media platform possible.

"That feels like so long ago already. That's the only thing that sucks about make friends through social media. You aren't just there to call and ask to hang out," I mumbled, picking at the skin next to my thumb.

"How's it going to be for you and Payton once tour is over?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I haven't even thought of that yet. I don't really want to either. Everything is so perfect but yet so hard at the exact same time," I told him and he nodded his head in agreement. Jaden ran his fingers through his dark brown, messy hair and looked down at me.

"I know what you mean. Everything is great ya know. Like the follower numbers keep going up, I have some of the best friends ever, I'm about to start recording songs of my own that I've written by myself, and yet something just feels missing. I just want a girl to spoil," he stopped to take a breath and pick at the hole in his black jeans. "I just never know who is sincere or not. I have thousands of girls commenting on my videos calling me daddy and shit but all they know of me is that they think I look good. Then other creators, I don't know, it just seems like one of us would be using each other for their fans or something. Or am I just crazy?"

"No I get it," I told him. "I already have gotten so many DMs telling me I'm just with Payton to get more famous. It's like we aren't allowed to have feelings for someone else. I mean I know a lot of supporters relate to us because a lot of us started making videos because we felt alone or were bullied or something, but as soon as we find something that makes us happy it's like game over. We aren't allowed to be happy. I'm just glad I'm not a boy. You guys aren't even allowed to comment on girl's picture without everyone going up in arms. At least for the most part if I comment on one of your pictures or like Payton's or someone everyone just goes awe cute."

I sat back into my seat and pulled my knees to my chest. I loved these deep talks that I was able to have with Jaden. He understood me and I understood him, that was what made our friendship so easy.

"You're my best friend, Baker Kozik," he smirked over at me.

"And you're mine, Jaden Hossler." I laid my head down onto his shoulder as we continued our drive.

We pulled into the mall parking lot which had a Chili's in the far corner which is where the boys were having dinner. I jumped out of the van first followed by everyone else. Payton walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Have a good talk with Jaden?" he smiled and I nodded my head.

"Always do. I was going to sit with you but Josh was already there," I faked a pout and shrugged my shoulders. He laughed and pulled me in against him again.

"I'll see you after dinner okay?" His voice was so soft it just about melted me.

"Yeah, have fun!" I told him. The boys started walking toward the restaurant where a group of girls were already waiting for them. I giggled and turned toward Madi and Cynthia and we quickly skipped through the parking lot toward the mall.

"Where to first ladies?" I giggled as we made our way inside. The three of us had our arms linked together as we stood in a line.

"Gucci!" Madi cheered and I laughed with a roll of my eyes. I'm convinced she'd buy the whole Gucci store if she could.

Liked by cynthiaparkerrrr, madimonroeee, and 169,078 others

BakerBree when the boys are away the girls will... spend all their money! 💸

madimonroeee spending all that cash baby!💵💵💵
user1 your style is on point. loving the fit Baker!
BakerBree @user1 thanks boo!❤️
cynthiaparkerrrr if only they'd let us spend their money! ha! 😂
iitspayton damn you're gorgeous 😍😍
luvanthony fit on fire Bake! 🔥
jadenhossler my best friend is so pretty🖤
user2 I wish I had all this attention from this many boys! 🤨