fIFTEEN

"Baby." Payton's voice was soft as I walked into our bedroom after spending the entire day at Disneyland with Jaden. My Minnie ears sat crookedly on my head as I stretched my arms out above my head and let out a small groan.

Payton slipped himself from out under the blanket and walked over to me, slipping his arms around my waist and pulling my body against his. I looked up at him and smiled as I wrapped my own arms around his skinny frame.

"Do you have any idea how much I missed you today?" He questioned and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes. He was the one who decided to leave me before I woke up. Instead of rolling my eyes though I shook my head and pouted out my bottom lip.

"How much?" I questioned. Without giving me another second to think Payton's lips were gently pressed against mine. We had already had our first kiss and several more after that, but this seemed different. His lips moved against mine urgently as he gripped tightly onto my hips. My fingers played with the hair hanging at the back of Payton's neck as I continued to move my lips against his.

"Pay," I gasped as we broke away from each other. He bit his lip as he looked down at me through his long lashes. I let my hands slide from the back of his neck down to his waist where I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close. Payton has my heart racing and I wasn't going to lie, I liked it. I had never felt such a connection to someone before. I knew we were still young, but something about Payton made me feel like this was forever.

"Let's go cuddle," he smiled, as he took my hand and led me over to the bed. I pulled the Minnie ears from the top of my head and placed them down onto the table on my side of the bed. Payton turned on the television before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against him.

"How was your day?" I asked, looking up at him. He signed before shrugging his shoulders.

"It was alright, we all just hung out. It would've been better if I just stayed home and hung out with you," he pouted. "But, how was Disney with Jaden?"

"It was so much fun!" I exclaimed. "Jaden and I really needed a day together. We haven't had hardly any time to talk to each other or hang out so it was nice to get a day with just me and him."

"I don't have to worry about him do I?" he asked and my heart just about stopped at the look on his face.

"Babe, no. I love Jaden like a brother. He's my best friend. He knows me inside and out, but I don't look at him the way I look at you," I reassured him, leaning up and kissing his cheek. "You're my favorite person in the entire wide world. Jaden is just a close second."

"You're my favorite," he grinned, leaning down and connecting his lips to mine. Carefully, he rolled us over, his body hovering above mine, his lips never leaving mine. His body pressed against mine and I let out a quiet moan as he deepened the kiss.

"Guys do yo- woah!" I heard Jaden's voice and all but threw Payton off of me. "Sorry to interrupt. We're ordering food, just seeing if you guys wanted anything. And next time you might want to think about locking the door." Jaden back out of the room, an embarrassed look on his face, shutting the door behind him. I groaned, sitting up and looking over at Payton who had his arms crossed over his chest, an annoyed look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He ran his fingers through his hair before sighing deeply and looking over at me.

"You think it's a coincidence that Jaden happened to walk in right when we were in a moment?" he questioned. His face looked hard, like I had never seen it before. "He just had to ruin it."

"Babe, how was he supposed to know what we were doing? That's like saying he was standing at the door with his ear pressed against it," I rolled my eyes and how stupid of an idea that sounded.

"You never know," he groaned, rubbing the palms of his hands over his face.

"Payton, okay seriously, what is wrong?" I asked him. I reached out and ran the tips of my fingers down his arm in an attempt to calm him down. I had never seen Payton so annoyed or angry before especially at one of the boys. They all has this weird bromance that no one could destroy.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just in a mood. When the other boys found out you were with Jaden today they all got on me about him making a move and how you're so close to him that you'd probably choose him over me. Then they were saying how it's a bad idea to be in a relationship when you're in the position we're in on social media. People will eat us up alive. I don't know. My head is just buzzing right now," he let out a deep breath. He sat up and turned to face me. He reached his hand out and gently wrapped his fingers around mine. "I like you so, so much Baker. I've liked you for months and now that I finally have a chance to be with you I'm scared you won't be around for long. We live so far from each other. You have guys throwing themselves at your feet. It's just not a very comfortable position to be in."

"Okay, first of all, screw the guys that were telling you I'd choose Jaden. It should never come to a point where I have to choose anyway. And secondly, you have beautiful, half-dressed girls throwing themselves at you! The entire tour I had to watch as these skinny, gorgeous girls jumped into your arms and wrapped their legs around you and you bury your face into their necks as you hugged them. That sucked. No matter how many times I watched it happen it never got easier. But this is our job and I accept that there will be times where you have to hug on other girls. There will be times where girls are trying to kiss you and touch you and I just have to take a step back and realize you're only dealing with it because you have to." I stopped talking so that I could breathe and looked up at Payton, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Baby, don't cry," he wiped the pads of his thumbs under my eyes and wiped away the few tears that had spilled over. "I'm sorry. I'm a mess today and I'm taking it out on you and that's not fair."

"It's okay," I tried to smile. He pulled me into a hug and I began to laugh as we rolled off of the bed and landed in a heap on the floor. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" I gasped between giggles. He laughed too, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and looking up into my eyes.

"I'm perfect with you," he grinned, leaning up and pressing his lips to mine.