sIXTEEN

"Morning you two. You missed dinner last night," I heard Chase as Payton and I walked down the stairs. I had on Payton's sweatshirt that fell way below my shorts making it look like I only had his shirt on.

"Nah, it's all good. Bake and I got an Uber and went out late," Payton told Chase. I watched as Payton's eyes scanned over the kitchen and the living room. I reached forward and grabbed onto his hand, lacing our fingers together.

After Jaden had walked in on Payton and me the night before the two of us stayed in our bedroom and talked most of the night. Once it sounded like all of the boys had gone to bed Payton ordered us an Uber and we went and grabbed food from In-And-Out and brought it back to the house and ate up in our room while watching Netflix.

Payton and I needed time with just the two of us to talk about everything we were feeling and how our relationship was going to work once tour ended. We were both stressed that after Vidcon there would only be a month left of tour before Payton came back to Los Angeles and I went home to Pennsylvania. I had already talked to my parents about letting me fly back out to LA with Payton and Madi and some of the other influencers, but they had turned me down saying they wanted to see me after I would be gone all summer.

Payton and I had decided if anything he would fly to Pennsylvania for a few days before school started and I started my junior year of high school. Another thing my parents would not agree to was letting me do online schooling at home. Over the last six months my TikTok and YouTube videos had become the topic of discussion in my small hometown. Some people thought it was awesome and encouraged me to keep making content, but others thought it was lame and made fun of me every chance they could get. Rilee and my parents all told me it was because they were jealous and they knew I was out making money, touring the US, while they were stuck at home all summer.

"Earth to Baker." Chase's hand flashed over my eyes causing me to shake my head as I focused on the boy in front of me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I questioned, biting on my bottom lip in embarrassment.

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?" Chase questioned and I smiled, nodding my head. "What do you want?"

"Whatever you were making before we came downstairs is fine. It smells good in here!" I complimented as he walked back over to the stove, a smile pulling at the corners of his lips.

"You okay?" Payton whispered, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me into his side. I closed my eyes as I rested my head against his chest and nodded my head. I breathed in his scent, burning it into my memory. I never wanted to forget these moments with Payton during tour. I never wanted to forget the sound of his voice when he woke up in the morning, or the way he held onto me tighter when he didn't want to get out of bed. I never wanted to forget the small moments, when he'd sneak a kiss in on my forehead or when he'd hold my hand under the table at dinner.

I wrapped my arms around Payton's waist and held him against me, my eyes closed as I listened to the steady thump of his heartbeat. Goosebumps ran up my arms as a thought occurred to me. I loved him. I loved Payton and I never wanted to lose him.

"I'm perfect," I finally whispered out, leaning up and pressing a kiss to the side of his neck. I broke away from him as I walked over to the island in the kitchen and jumped up onto a stool. Chase smiled widely as he carried over a plate and set it in front of me. Eggs, potatoes, and bacon filled the white dish and my stomach growled as if on cue.

"Thanks, Chef Hudson!" I giggled, not wasting any time on digging into the delicious looking food. Chase muttered out a you're welcome as he placed a second plate down in front of Payton. I could start all of my mornings off like this. With my gorgeous boyfriend and a house full of some of my favorite people ever. Life was perfect.