Hello

Hi, my name is Stormy, if we haven't met.

I started this account back in the winter, and used it to do some reading. I... am coming to terms with a truth about me.

I have DID. Or multiple personality disorder, as most people know it.

Okay, well... I'm not the one with DID technically. I'm not the host alter, or the "Apparently Normal Personality". I am a different alter.

I might do a chapter in the future explaining things about DID in more detail, but honestly I'm learning a lot of this myself from my therapist right now.

Anyway, I'm what's called a "Disabled Alter".
Although I don't really like that term very much. I don't really like to think of myself as disabled, per se. But, Disabled Alters are basically Alters that carry physical impairments that originate from trauma or abuse, often stemming from verbal insults or requests. It's hard to explain. I might explain it more later... we'll see. It makes me a little uncomfortable to talk about. Anyway, my disability is that I'm mute.

It's not that I don't want to talk, I was just never able to, and never had the desire to do so.

I'm also a memory holder. I'm a mix of both types. It makes sense though, because my muteness originates from a memory.

So, I was recommended to this platform by my friend Tana (MT_Reade ) to get a chance to meet and talk to people like me and people who aren't. Especially since I'm not the host personality, and I'm "Disabled" I have a hard time meeting and communicating with people.

There's also a lot of changes going on right now, like a lot, and I think it might be good to talk with people I'm not stuck with all the time. One of the things with DID is you share relationships with people around you with the other personalities so it becomes hard to form your own friendships and stuff.

I've been mostly reading since I started the platform, but I've worked up the courage to actually publish something. So... yay?

Anyway, I know I'm explaining this all really badly, so I'm happy to talk or answer questions as best I can.

I might not respond right away, because I can't guarantee when or for how long I'll be out. I'm trying to keep this account a secret from the others for now.

So yeah. Comment any questions you have if you want or we can just chat :)