CHAPTER ONE

There is no hope for me anymore, hope vanished the second my parents disappeared off the face of this Earth.

Hope. was. gone.

My motto is to always expect the worst so then if something bad happens I won't be so bummed because it was to be expected. Then if something great happens then I'll be shocked and overjoyed.

It works well for me and I don't plan to change it anytime soon.

I'm constantly afraid to show the real me because the real me isn't great. Who would want to see a girl with skin so damaged it probably won't heal, with a heart so broken it can't let anything in, with a mind so tarnished it can't get anything out of it. 

Everything's stuck and I don't know when it will move.

I have no one to talk to, to turn to, to trust, I am utterly alone, now and forever. The thing is even if I go back in time when it all started I'm not sure that I could change anything. I don't even know what fully happened.

Flashback to 8 years ago...

Where did they go? They don't usually leave me alone at the house for this long.

Oh no what if they are stuck in that annoying traffic, or if they got pulled over by a mean police officer with a mustache. What if-What if they forgot to bring me with them on a surprise vacation. Vacation? I wanna go!!

I stared out the window, my face pressed against the glass waiting for the car to pull in the driveway.

I may be a whole 9 years old but I'm not allowed to leave the house without my parents or watch TV because there could be a bad show on.

I also can't cook anything because that's apparently unsafe.

I waited bored out of my mind for a couple hours and I began to get worried that they just weren't going to come back when my stomach started to grumble and ache.

I was sitting in the love seat, my back against the bottom of the chair and my feet against the wall with my hair dangling freely to the floor.

I can get something from the fridge right? Yeah. I looked everywhere in the fridge but I couldn't find anything I was allowed to eat, zucchini, unwashed fruit, old pizza, and adult drinks.

Where are my parents?

Return to current time...

Now I'm 17 years old, living with my Uncle Simon in his house. Tomorrow Is the first day of my senior year of high school and I'm looking forward to it, just this last year and I'll be free and in college.

Away from this haunting home.

This haunting life.

Everyone needs something to relieve stress to. Some people confide in friends, fighting, relationships, hooking up, partying, Art, music, writing.

My uncle fights. He fights me and I let him and I don't fight back.

I relieve stress through Music, I don't write music but listening to some of my favorite songs just helps me relax and think. 

I won't judge anyone who relieves stress through unhealthy methods because somethings just don't work for people and they could be drowning in stress and are desperate.

Some methods just don't work for certain people.

I picked my clothes for tomorrow out and laid them on my bed and grabbed a towel. I've always tried to take showers in the morning but I can't bring myself to wake up that early so I do it before bed.