CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

I was completely embarrassed after that breakfast.

To be honest I liked that they thought me and Jackson would be cute together. I'm not exactly girlfriend material though but it's not impossible to like me back, it's just not likely when there are other girls that don't have my flaws.

"Whatcha thinking about" Jackson plopped on the couch.

"N-nothing" I shook my head. He didn't buy it but went along anyway.

Just then the door opened and in walked Jackson's family. My eyes widened in fright.

Am I even allowed over here?

"Oh hey, Lily, how have you been" his mother came over to me, she was really perky.

"I've been good" I shrugged.

"What brings you by today" His father walks into the kitchen.

"Oh! I u-uh was invited" I stuttered.

They all stopped, his siblings and his parents just froze.

Did I say something wrong?

I looked at Jackson nervously to see him roll his eyes and put his head in his hands.

I'm sorry

"You were...invited" his mom smiled evilly.

"Uhhhh Yes" I winced.

Did I say something bad, I'm not very social

"That's great" his mother cheered and grabbed Jackson and me into a group hug and I've never been this uncomfortable in my life.

Why is it so great that I was invited? I am so confused right now.

"You, darling, are so pretty!" She put a piece of my hair in her hand, admiring it.

Is this normal?

"Um thank you" I cringed.

Does everyone act strange in this house?

I continued to look at Jackson for help and he just gives me an apologetic look. I haven't met his family properly yet, only briefly during the cookout.

I can already tell his mother is a bubbly and bright person who is always happy and excited.

"Well you are welcome here anytime" she smiled at me warmly and my heart choked.

I miss my mom

Her comfort and just her attitude in general was oddly comfortable. She reminded me of my mom and that only made me miss her more.

His father just stood their smiling at his wife with such love in his eyes. Just like my father did with my mother. I wish I had a love like theirs, I can already tell just how in love they are.

"My name is Mindy and my husband is named Tyler" she introduced, she was so excited. She was practically bouncing from excitement.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled at both of them. I'm so awkward.

"Did you guys have plans for the day or something" she looked between me and a Jackson with hopeful eyes.

"Oh uh, I don't-" I was cut off.

"Yes we do, the guys are coming along also" Jackson commented.

Wait-what? Where are we even going?

"Wait what?" I looked at Jackson confused.

"Oh goody, where are you going" Mindy was really interested.

"We're gonna go to the fair" he looked at me waiting for my reaction.

"What!" I shouted at him.

"We. Are. Going. To. The. Fair." Jackson said slower.

"I heard what you said, I meant why are we going to the fair. I don't even have money for that" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I didn't ask if you did" he shrugged.

"Nuh-uh, you are NOT paying for me" I shook my head dismissing the idea.

"Yes I am paying for you" he rolls him eyes.

"I don't want you to" I pleaded.

"I don't care" he laughed.

"W-well y-you-you should!" I pointed my finger at him.

"Well I don't so we are going to the fair and I'm paying for you even if you don't want me to" He said seriously.

"I'm not leaving" I sat on the couch and crossed my arms.

"Fine, do it the hard way" he rolls his eyes.

I was then lifted from my seat on the couch and thrown over his shoulder.

"Wait, no! Put me down! Put me down right now!" I screamed at him pounding on his back which probably did nothing.

"Bye Mom, Bye Dad" Jackson waved and walked through the front door. His parents just had smiles on their faces.

This is not funny! He is literally kidnapping me!

"Put me down!" I yelled at him furiously.

"Okay okay, I will, chill out" he set me down in the passenger seat of his car, buckled me in, and quickly drove away before I could get out.

"Stop pouting, we're literally going to a carnival and you are sad" he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Because you kidnapped me and fired me to go to this carnival against my will" I glared at him.

"You'll get over it soon" he shrugged.

"Where are the guys" I asked.

"They'll meet us there." He kept driving.

The fair was always in a huge parking lot, and our fair was in a firefighters building parking lot where all of our major events are. Well besides our festivals.

We pulled over to the smaller parking lot across the street where everyone who drove here parked, it was very cramped and it took a good couple of minutes to find a place to park.

We both got out of the car and walked to the entrance of the fair where we would buy out tickets. Jackson payed for everyone's tickets since they weren't here yet and we went inside.

After a few minutes passed Jackson decided to call Nick to see where he's at.

"Hey Nick, you guys almost here?" Jackson spoke into the phone.

"What?!" His mood changed. He looked confused and angry.

"But I already payed for your tickets" He yelled at him.

"You f*cker!" He yelled and put his phone in his pocket.

"What was that all about?" I asked and he looked at me like he was sorry.

"They aren't coming" he winced.

"What?" I was confused.

"They set us up, they wanted us to have a fun date at the fair" he rolled his eyes.

"So it's just you and me" I asked kind of scared.

"Just you and me" he gave me an apologetic smile.