CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Jackson's POV

"This was just different okay, you should have seen her, her eyes were bright and excited and lively. She was happy and having fun. It was like she was a whole different person. All other times you see her she's this guarded person who lets no emotion through but when she was out last night she was talking, she was excited, she was carefree." I explained to them.

"You went to a restaurant without us, do you know how despicable that is?" Nick glared.

"She said she didn't have dinner" I shrugged.

"You spent money on her?!" Cody laughed.

"Yes, what is so weird about that?" I threw my hands up in confusion.

"You seriously don't see it?" Cody said bluntly.

"See what, we went out to eat, talked and walked and went to the park, along with going in many stores" I shrugged.

"You like her, doofus, you just went on one romantic freaking date too" Nick laughed.

"Come on guys, let's be serious" I told them.

"Yeah, let's" Brandon put forward.

"I don't like her, I literally just met her like a week ago, you can't like someone in a week, right, we were just trying to get to know each other" I explained.

"Dude, you can like someone in a day, I didn't say you loved her so calm down." He put his hands up in surrender.

"I'm calm!" I glared at each one of them.

"Have you seen the chick, she's hot, smart, and she's so different from every other girl here in the best way" Cody explained like I was stupid.

"I don't like her, why do you even think that, and from what your explaining why don't you just go ask her out, you said she was hot, different, and smart, perfect for anyone of you" I told them like it was obvious.

"Because she's yours man, did you not hear how you talked about her?" Cody smacked my head.

"Oh my god guys, her eyes were so pretty, and you should have seen her, she was so carefree and lively, oh she was so hot" Nick mocked in a girly voice.

"I didn't say that retard" I glared at Nick.

"Ohhh, but that's how you sounded" he laughed and I just rolled my eyes.

He's delusional

"Admit it!" Brandon shouted.

"Yo keep it down, people are looking" I shushed him.

My eyes locked with hers across the cafeteria. Her eyes were like comets, so blue and deep. She gave me a smile and then looked back down at her phone and I snapped out of my trance. The boys just smiled goofily and tried to keep their laughs in.

"Oh would you shut up" I rolled my eyes.

"Admit it" Cody demanded.

"Fine..I like Lily" I muttered.

"Yeah ya do!" Nick hollered.

God they are annoying.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel bad for her now, we of course went to get milkshakes after school and the whole time the guys were acting like idiots.

They forced me to get all four milkshakes causing Lily to be the nice person she is and carry two of them. They also made me give her the money and give her the glasses back.

They literally walked in and sat down at our usual table while I had to order and pick up everything.

Nick would totally do that but not Cody and Brandon and the whole time that I was next to her they took pictures and gossiped.

Lily didn't even notice all this attention.

Bless her heart.

After the milkshakes we went to my house, they were supposed to leave around 7:00 so me and Lily could work on the project but they insisted to stay and promised not to make a scene and 'embarrass me'.

I don't know why they were acting like girls just because I liked one. I've liked plenty before but it never worked out. Plus Vivian never got along with them either.

"Lily, why don't you just come over, your already on the window so you might as well come inside" Nick suggested.

She was skeptical but we all knew that there was no point for her to be on the window. The thing was she seemed a little afraid, to come over my house? To leave Hers? I have no idea.

She thought about it and probably realized that it's no difference and it would be easier if her feet weren't dangling over grass far down below.

I got out of the window so she could climb in and stayed by it Incase she fell. She didn't even look scared that she could fall, it looked like she just wanted to get this out of the way.

She put her foot on my sill and put her hand out so I could pull her in. Once she was inside she looked around, studying everything.

"Okay, let's continue" she said and looked at me as she sat on the floor. All of a sudden all the boys said they had to leave.

Of course they were going to leave once she was in my room and we would be alone.

I wasn't going to make a move, I knew that, we were just studying. This probably wouldn't happen, she doesn't even like me anyway. You heard how she reacted. She barely wants to be my friend, let alone boyfriend.

Lost cause.

The thought made me frown, I like her and I would like it if she liked me back. I can try to get her to like me. 

It was around 8:15 and we only got six chapters done in two books and we have two more.

Maybe she would want to go on another night out in the city, she was having the most fun I've ever seen her have and I loved seeing her like that.

I wish she wasn't so guarded around me and everyone, I just want her to act like herself, her real self, the person she was last night. That person was free and happy, she wasn't worried about anything.

"Are you even reading the book anymore" she laughed.

Oh god that laugh.

What is happening to me?

"U-Um, I spaced out, sorry." I gave her small apologetic smile.

"You have been reading that page for seven minutes" she looked down at my book.

"What? Really? I didn't notice" I shook my head.

"Are you guys okay, you and your friends have been acting strange all day" she emphasized.

"No, nothing strange going on" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you..want to go out again, I am getting sick of this work?" I asked nervously.

"Sorry, no, I don't have money for it" she apologized.

"No, it's okay, I have plenty of cash, it doesn't matter to me" I explained.

"I know it doesn't matter to you but I hate letting people pay for me, sorry" she winced,

"Did you eat dinner?" I asked her.

"Y-Yeah, I had dinner" she tried to convince. I knew she was lying though, I wasn't going to make her come out with me, she didn't want to which probably meant she didn't like me.

Well I tried.