CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Jackson POV

I gulped as I waited for what was to come next. She had managed to quickly stand back on her feet and her hair surrounded her face like a curtain as if she was ashamed.

"Why was your dumb*ss not in school!?" Her father yelled at her. He was looking at her with so much hatred, I have never seen that much hatred in someone's eyes much less a father.

He shouldn't be looking at her like that specially for just missing one measly day of school. He was seething in anger, his face was red and every time he exhaled spit flew out of his mouth.

"I-I-I a-accid-dent-dentally slept-slept i-in" She stuttered, she was so scared, she was already crying. She has never looked this scared around me before, specially recently.

The first time I saw her in her house she looked terrified but right now it looked like he was going to kill her right in front of us and she knew that.

I heard the slap, all the way through both of our houses and I saw her fall back on the floor. The slap echoed in my brain and wouldn't get out and the sound of her pain caused me to bolt all the way down my stairs and out my door.

He hit his daughter, he hit a young girl. He hit Lily. I was going to kill him.

The front door was locked and I wasn't going to wait for him to just kill her so I ran into it multiple times until it broke straight off the hinges.

Not even thinking twice about the damage I ran where the shouting and screams were heard, Lily's screams.

She was screaming with such agony I was crying and I was so worried. Her door was open and when I ran inside it stunned me.

She was on the floor, rolling around crying as he kicked her repeatedly in the stomach and back and I almost threw up. He was kicking her harder than you would kick a soccer ball and it looked like he was going to break her spine.

I lunged at him and took him down on the floor as I repeatedly punched him in the face. Blood ran across my knuckles and splattered everywhere around us and he stopped fighting back after a few hits.

I was going to kill him, I didn't care, I wanted to.

I was pulled off of him and I fought in their arms but they held me tightly but I was able to get a couple of kicks on the pathetic man lying on the floor.

I tried to look around the room and find Lily but she was no where in sight. Cody and Brandon were holding me back yelling at me to quit it because he was already knocked out so I was praying that Nick took her and comforted her and got her away from this.

"Let me go! Let me go! He doesn't deserve to survive after he put his hands on her" I struggled in their grips.

"Lily wouldn't want you to kill him" Brandon reassured me and it helped me calm down a little.

"He's a pig!" I spit at him as I watching him, he wasn't moving. I think Nick called the police because they arrived shortly after.

They were asking Lily questions and she looked fragile. She wasn't happy nor did she have that twinkle in her eyes. She wouldn't smile or laugh, she would barely look up. She was shaking.

"So this is your father" one police officer asked and I scoffed.

"Kind of" she muttered.

"Says here that when you were nine years old your parents went missing and you were left for three days alone and starved before anyone found out." the same police officer exclaims, her name was Officer Quart. I snapped my head to her.

She never told me that.

"He's my Uncle" she looked farther down to the grown. Her voice held no emotion.

"Has your abuse been going on for a long time or just recently?" Officer Quart asked.

She didn't answer right away, it took her a long time before she could muster up the courage to talk.

"It started the day I was moved in here" She clenched her eyes shut like she was reliving every memory.

"Has your uncle ever sexually abused you"

He better not have.

"U-u-uh he did a few times b-but it n-never went v-very far so I-I don't t-think about it v-very much" I could tell this really hurt her just talking about it.

"Why have you never told anyone about this before" Officer Quart asked.

"I was scared. There would be risks and too many negative outcomes in my head. What if he killed me before I could tell or injured me, what if everyone found out and I became a target at school, what if they didn't believe me. It's happened before and no matter how long I've been dealing with his anger and frustrations, I can't handle pain, I don't like it" She said the last part looking into Officer Quarts eyes and my heart lurched.

"Has he ever left you for long periods of time?" She asked.

"Usually he leaves for a couple weeks around the holidays because he rather not spend them with me, I don't know where he goes though" she muttered.

"Thanks for your cooperation, that's all I need" Officer Quart gave us all a smile and walked away.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, I thought that something was up and she could be abused at her house but I couldn't possibly imagine it being this bad.

She's been hiding bruises, hiding fear, hiding feelings, for half of her life. She was constantly afraid and she had to be perfect for her to be acceptable.

She had to have perfect grades, she had to have perfect attendance, she couldn't talk to anyone or do anything for herself to cause any suspicion. She couldn't be a person.

He had manipulated her.

"I don't even know if I would have told you or not?" She commented.

"What?" I asked.

"Usually people ask, why didn't you tell me, I answered before you could ask." She looked at me.

"You can leave if you want to, I know you don't want to stay" she looked back down watching her feet. I told the guys to give us a second and I sat down next to her and she looked at me confused.

"I can't even imagine the kind of suffering you have been put through, I don't know exactly how you are feeling either but I will never leave you. I am staying by your side every step of the way no matter what and I will help you get through this. I don't know if it's possible to just forget eight years worth of abuse and neglect but I will do everything to make you so happy that you don't have to think about it because the past few days that you have been with me, i could tell that you were happy and not thinking about this. I'm going to promise you that I will protect you as long as I live. Just remember that you are so strong, the strongest person I have ever met and one of the most beautiful and smartest one too." I grabbed her hand and she looked at me very deep in thought. The she kissed me, it was short but I knew what she wanted to say.

"Thank you" she gave me a small appreciative smile.