CHAPTER SIX

As I continuously tapped on her bedroom window I watched as she jumped in fright. She looked more calmed down thank god but she really looked like she was about to cry.

I really want to know why she was so upset.

She looked scared to even open the window but she did reluctantly. She opened it and stared at me, her face was now emotionless as it usually is at school.

My face was worried. I mean I didn't know that she had such a hard time outside of school. At school she didn't talk to anyone, she didn't have any friends and was just really interested in her school work, but from just one afternoon I find out that she looks dead when she is not in front of people.

She was alone and I wanted to help her.

"What's wrong? Why are you upset, besides the fact that your new window neighbor is someone you hate" I asked her.

She looked down regretfully. "Sorry, I don't hate you, just in a bad predicament at the moment" she wouldn't look me in the eyes but I could hear her sigh.

"Well, maybe if you talked to someone instead of bottling it all in maybe it will get easier" I suggested.

"No, it really won't, it would just make things so much worse" she began to cry again.

"Wait no don't cry, I hate when people cry, your breaking my heart, please don't break my heart" I pleaded with puppy dog eyes as she looked up at me and laughed just a little. It was little but I had never seen her smile or laugh before and I noticed she had a dimple on her right cheek which I never noticed.

"Did you even know you have a dimple on your right cheek" I looked at her expectantly.

"I-I-I actually have two" she looked down.

"Well I wanna see it!" I told her.

"It really only shows if I'm smiling really big" she smiled sheepishly.

"Well then I will make that happen sooner or later" I smiled.

She just shook her head and closed the window but all she did was leave the room. I didn't see her come back in it either. I just shrugged, maybe she's a night owl.

I am not a night owl as much as everyone else, I usually stay up until around twelve because that's when I usually get tired and if I went to bed at two I wouldn't wake up at 7:00.

Hopefully I took her mind off things a little.

Lily is pretty cool, she's nice and not like every other girl in this school, they are all obsessed with their looks and the portions of food they are getting.

Lily doesn't care that I'm her neighbor and is always dressed in baggy clothes that look adorable on her.

Lily is pretty short. She looked like shes 5,1 or something. Everyone is trying to be like 5,7 with their tall heels. I'm about 6,1 and Nick is 6,0. Cody is 6,4 and Brandon is 6,2, they are really tall and skinny.

I wouldn't mind her hanging around with us and the guys I don't think would mind either. As long as she doesn't talk with those nasally voices and try to hit on them 24/7 then they'll be fine. Which I don't think she does.

Me: omg! I just made a new friend!

I don't know why but it's funny to talk like a girl, it just makes things seem better.

Nick: omg! Who? Uh, I'm jealous!

Cody: who is it?

Me: Lily Grace, she's my neighbor, and window neighbor.

Brandon: ooh, lucky she's hot!

Nick: does she know that she's your new friend? 😂

Me: I don't believe so 🤔

Nick: thought so, I've never seen her talk to anyone on purpose, she's so quiet!

Cody: yeah, how'd she even react to you being her window neighbor and having you stare at her every chance you get

Me: she started crying and yelling at god:(

Brandon: hahaha!!!! She hates you.... well I think she hates everybody to be honest

Me: she said she rather be stuck in a room full of alcohol poison than be my neighbor:)

Nick: why would you possibly want to be her best friend now then if you know she hates you???

Me: because now we're like best buds, I got her to smile, just a little but still, and she said she actually doesn't hate me and my mom is forcing her and her family to a Bar-B-Que on Friday, you guys should come.

Nick: ooh, a new lover for Jackie 🥰

Me: what in the world could you possibly get that from??

Brandon: well you could do worse, she's hot and not a lunatic like everyone else at this school.

Me: doesn't mean that I'm going to date her

Cody: uh-huh, we'll see 🤗

I mean she's really pretty and modest but to date her, I don't think she actually wants to go near me. I mean I wouldn't mind but I won't tell them that.

It was about twelve now so I turned the tv off and tried falling asleep but I looked in her room to find her still not in there. She must be a night owl then.