CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

I felt complete warmth which isn't likely in my house. I loved what I was feeling though so I snuggled in my bed more wrapping myself in the covers.

I refused to open my eyes because I wasn't ready to wake up yet and I knew I didn't have to.

That went out the window when I felt a leg that wasn't mine move beneath me. My eyes snapped open and I found myself staring into a bare chest.

Usually when I wake up I'm curled in a protective ball shielding me from everything around me but today I was practically on Jackson Michael's.

My leg was spooning him and my arms were wrapped around Jackson's chest. His arm was wrapped around me too.

I jumped away from him in fright and stared at him confused as his eyes slowly opened. Once he saw me it took a couple seconds for everything to register and then he just started laughing.

What is he laughing about?

"What is so funny! And how did this happen, why am I here?" I shouted at him looking around the room in annoyance.

"You passed out on the living room floor" he shrugged.

"That doesn't explain why I'm in your bed and we're all..snuggled up" I yelled at him furiously.

"Calm down woman, I put you in my bed and then Nick took the couch and Brandon and Cody took the guest room so I just slept with you" He explained like it wasn't a big deal,

"Why didn't you just take me home?" I asked him incredulously.

"I was tired, didn't feel like it" he shrugged.

I looked at him like he was crazy and he just looked at me like I was over reacting which I probably was because we didn't even do anything.

"I don't know about you but I'm awake now, you can come downstairs if you want or stay up here, I don't care" he yawned.

"I'm awake" I muttered and walked out the room and down the stairs.

After I had calmed down my freak out fest I started cooking breakfast. I never did that at home but I was here and I know boys get hungry fast and I loved cooking so I didn't mind it.

I made the all so common breakfast, pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Jackson's fridge and cupboard were completely full that I didn't know if they could fit anything else in there.

I grabbed the eggs almost using the whole carton but luckily they had another one.

I cracked as many eggs that I thought were needed and started to stir them in a bowl and soon added a bit of milk with it to make the eggs fluffy.

I put the eggs on a pan and added cheese to the eggs while it cooked. I put the bacon on another pan and cooked it before grabbing another bowl and putting the pancake mix and water in the bowl and adding chocolate chips to the mixture.

I poured the pancake batter on the pan and then kept putting bacon on the other as I waited for the first pancake to cook.

The first set always took the longest.

While I kept cooking the pancakes Jackson came down, his hair messy like bedhead and with a shirt on unlike earlier. He still looked tired but awake nonetheless.

I grabbed a plate for him and he took it and put the food that was already finished on his plate making sure to leave some for the others.

One by one they came down and I was already finished by then so I started cleaning up which Jackson didn't like but I shut him up.

It wasn't a nuisance to me, I liked cleaning and cooking so just let me have my fun while I can.

The boys were obviously close, they chatted while they ate and they always found something to talk about even though they did a lot together and knew a lot about each other.

I was apart of the conversations and I talked with them and I was really happy because I was with people who liked having me around and I liked having them around, Jackson mostly.

I don't know how I got so close to him in such little time but I did and I love every second I'm with him.

My life isn't so boring anymore to me, it's being filled. A little more adventurous. Maybe not by a lot but can't you see the difference.

I was a teenage girl that never talked to anyone, I never showed what I was truly feeling, I didn't do anything for myself and now I have a crush and some friends, I would like to think of them as friends.

I went to a party for goodness sakes and I took some small risks that turned out to be the best decisions I have ever made.

I thought that having a friend around me or just people in general would be the worst possible thing that could happen to me now but I know I was wrong, so wrong.

I'm really hoping that while my uncle is out that I can spend more time with them. I seriously feel like a new person and I'm really happy with myself at that moment.

"You two looked pretty cozy this morning" Brandon commented randomly and my eyes went wide.

"What do you mean?" I nervously asked.

He pulled out his phone and bowed us a picture of me and Jackson. I don't know when he took that but my cheeks turned red in an instant.

"When did you take that?" Jackson asked staring at the phone.

"A couple hours after you went in there" he shrugged. I just kept staring at my plate while I slowly ate my last piece of bacon. I had one pancake, two bacon strips and a scoop of scrambled eggs.

"By the way I'm keeping this photo for your wedding collage" Brandon put his phone back in his pocket and I choked.

"Excuse me?" I asked incredulously.

"When you guys gets married I'm putting together a wedding collage of pictures of when you guys fell in love" he stated like it was obvious.

"We're not falling in love and that's moving a little fast" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Oh ok sure, so yesterday you guys were dancing romantically with each other and staring deeply in each other's eyes about to kiss" Brandon scoffed, explaining like he was a girl that was boy crazy.

"By the way I got a picture of that too" he winked at both of us and Jackson threw his pancake at his face which Nick picked up and ate.

"Your friends are strange" I looked at Jackson and he nodded glaring at Brandon.