CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

I can not believe I'm at a party. What is wrong with me? Am I going insane? What was I thinking?

I prayed before I walked in and now everyone is looking at me. I mean everyone. The music didn't stop but everyone's chatter did. All the people looked at me like they couldn't believe I was here.

I wasn't considered a nerd at school nor was I bullied but I was quiet and I kept to myself. I guess me going to a party didn't exactly fit those requirements.

It totally smashed it to pieces really.

It's not that no one wanted to be near me, it was more like they were just parting to let me through, now I know how popular feel like. Well not really, I feel out of place they feel perfectly in place.

There was so many people here, dancing, singing, talking, drinking, eating, playing games, kissing, puking. The usual at a party really.

If my uncle ever found out about this I would be dead immediately. If my uncle was home then I'm pretty sure everyone here would be home because he called the cops.

Even though the music isn't loud on the outside, you can still tell a party is going on and my uncle has no tolerance for that.

People started talking about me, I don't know if it was bad but everyone probably knew I shouldn't be here looking at my outfit.

The girls wore dresses and skirts, tiny shorts or crop tops. I was literally wearing an old T-shirt and some blue shorts. My sneakers were not heels and I had no makeup done and my hair didn't look special.

I didn't belong at a party, I wasn't even going to drink.

I walked around the house trying to keep me occupied but soon I found Nick.

I was small compared to him, he was like a whole foot taller than me and even though I don't consider myself skinny I didn't think I was really fat. He was taller and stronger.

I tapped him on the shoulder and his eyes lit up seeing me which made me smile.

At least someone wanted me here.

People had already stopped talking about me I think so I was a little more settled.

"Heyyy Lilanne" he smiled. He could have defiantly sounded drunk but he talks like this all the time.

"Hi Nick" I greeted.

"We all weren't sure you were going to come, I'm glad you did though" he grabbed my arm and took me to the kitchen where I found Jackson and Brandon. Cody was probably somewhere dancing or drinking.

"Yayyyyyy, ya came Lilil" Brandon slurred. Yeah I could tell he was drunk.

I looked at Jackson, trying to find out if he was drunk or not but he didn't look drunk.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked me.

"Water?" I asked back.

He grabbed a water bottle from his fridge and handed it to me with a small smile.

"Would you like to dance" he asked nicely.

"Oh no, I don't dance, I'm just here because you would have made me either way" I shook my head no. I don't dance and I don't know how and I know you dance a little differently at a party the you would anywhere else.

He just rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand which was immediately embraced in his warmth.

I don't dance.

I was in the living room with him, it was kind of crowded around us and I was immediately uncomfortable.

He pointed to a couple grinding on each other before speaking up.

"You don't have to dance like that, ya know? Just let loose, jump around. Act like your just alone." He laughed as he grabbed my hand and moved both of us with the beat.

I blushed more than I ever did.

It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be, it was oddly relaxing for just dancing at a party. I laughed a lot while we danced together, I smiled a lot too.

It eased me that I knew no one was looking at me.

Well except Jackson.

I moved my hips and my feet to the beat as I spun around him. He grabbed both of my hands and started dancing me around like he was a professional. He twirled me and dipped me and moved with me.

Seeing the smile on my face he twirled me again and I kept moving my feet and my hips with him.

His front was against my back and I kept moving my hips but not going any farther than that. I put my arms around his neck and then he turned me around.

That was when everything stopped. I couldn't focus on anything else but him. The music was drowned out along with everyone around us, it was only me and Jackson. We were flush against each other and I gulped as he stared at me Intently.

We both stopped moving and we only stared at each other. I bit my lip nervously and his eyes stared at my lips and I stopped biting it but he didn't stop.

I looked at his lips too and I wanted to kiss him but I didn't want to make the first move. I don't think he likes me because I didn't think he would ever like a girl like me but I didn't think about that at the moment.

Then Hannah Lamont happened.

I was snapped out of his piercing gaze and my cheeks were warm, really warm. The music continued and everyone dancing cane into my vision. I was knocked to the floor and got stepped on a lot and finally got up.

"Oops" Hannah put a hand to her mouth and I already knew it wasn't by accident.

Great I just made an enemy.

"I-it's okay" I looked at Jackson. We weren't in a trance anymore and he looked sorry.

Hannah strutted away, her hips swaying more.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch you, she was kind of in my way" he put his hand on the bag of his neck nervously.

That is literally the cutest thing I've ever heard

"It's okay" I told him sincerely. It wasn't his fault.

After that moment we stopped dancing, the guys kind of hung around me but I sat on a stool and they were talking to people around me.

I sang quietly to the song because it was a good one.

It wasn't actually awkward after that little moment, we acted like we always do around each other.

As it got later and later people started leaving and soon the place was nearly empty. I was tired, really tired, which usually doesn't ever happen. I looked at the time and found it to be around 1:00.

I had a long day I guess.

The mess in the house was bothering me more than the sleepiness and I helped clean up. The guys were the only people left and they didn't want me to clean up but I ignored them telling me no.

It was a lot of work but with five people it was much faster. It wasn't fast enough though but I feel asleep on the floor in the living room.