Chapter 19

Not long after, Su Jian really did meet the goddess he yearned for.

It was unknown whether it had been prearranged by mother An or if she had arrived uninvited, but soon, goddess Xue-er actually descended before Su Jian.

"Xue-er is getting prettier and prettier!" Mother An had a completely different attitude towards the goddess than towards Su Jian.

However, Su Jian was totally not jealous because in his mind he was thinking: Mammamia! Her small hand is so white and tender! I really want to hold it!

The goddess was true to her name, Xue-er. Her skin was fair and her features were clear and elegant, paired with waist-length hair and a graceful white dress. Wherever she stood, be it in the skies or down on the earth, she could only be described as a fascinating beauty.[1]

Starry-eyed Su Jian took the initiative to extend a hand, "He... Hello!"

The goddess lightly shook hands, "Hello, Ms. Su. My name is Bai Ningxue."

Su Jian stared at her smile that was as beautiful as a white lotus and thought: Ningxue! This name sounds so beautiful! It really matches a goddess' temperament!

Thus, he shook the goddess' hand with much gusto, and copped a feel of said hand... then copped another feel. Right when her smile became a bit stiff, he reluctantly let go while he thought excitedly: I touched t! I touched it! Mamma Mia! A small hand is truly soft and tender.

Mother An pulled Bai Ningxue over to the sofa to sit. She purposely ignored Su Jian as she affectionately said to Bai Ningxue, "Xue-er, I heard that lately you've been in charge of planning a charity banquet ?"

"The family is actually planning one, but I can't claim to be in charge of it. I'm only helping out with it," Bai Ningxue said softly.

"Xue-er, stop being so modest! I, auntie, am certainly aware of how capable you are!" Mother An then started chatting with Bai Ningxue about the planning details of the charity banquet.

Naturally, Su Jian wasn't able to insert himself into the conversation. Mother An brought up this topic in order to make him feel inferior and embarrass him. The whole time, she didn't spare Su Jian a glance as if he didn't even exist, but she was secretly peeking at him from the corner of her eyes and hoping to see the awkwardly embarrassed expression on his face.

Who would have known that there wasn't even a hint of awkward embarrassment on Su Jian's face? On the contrary, he looked at Bai Ningxue with stars in his eyes.

As it turned out, the goddess wasn't just beautiful on the outside but was even more beautiful on the inside!

A loser's goddess worshipping method was immediately activated. Without even batting an eyelash, Su Jian had crowded closer to the goddess' side. He contentedly stared at the goddess' fair and flawless skin. When he came back to his senses, he discovered that the goddess was directing a lovely smile towards him.

Su Jian was of a mind to get close to his goddess so he opened his mouth and found a topic to strike up a conversation with, "Can I inquire as to Miss Bai's hobbies?"

Bai Ningxue lightly brushed back her hair, then said softly, "I usually like to do charitable work, listen to some musical concerts, and sometimes I'll go to art exhibitions. Lately, the one I like is Peter Paul Rubens. I spend the rest of my time reading. My favorite book is Elfriede Jelinek's 'Die Klavierspielerin'." She smiled lightly as she spoke, "Can I inquire as to Miss Su's hobbies?"

Su Jian scratched his head, "Does DOTA count?"

Bai Ningxue's smile fell slightly, "What is that?"