Chapter 22: The World Of The Wealthy, Turns Out He Still Doesn't Get It...

After having breakfast with An Yize who had an eccentric expression, Su Jian went back to An Yize's room while An Yize went back to work.

An Yize's room also had a study room attached to it. Su Jian curiously toured the whole place once, and as expected, he found that An Yize's study room was furnished with huge bookshelves that were filled with a large variety of books. Su Jian wrinkled his nose as his eyes swept across rows of foreign books with unknown languages and critiqued to himself, "Showing off like a prick, doomed to be struck by lightning." Then with great effort he pulled out a collection of The Deer and the Cauldron out of the bookshelf.

During that time, Yan Ziwei called Su Jian.

Yan Ziwei roared through the phone straight away: "Su Xiao Jian? Where did you run off to? Why is no one at your home?"

Su Jian exclaimed, "You came to see me?" and then quickly explained, "I'm not at home right now!"

"Not at home? Your leg is still injured, if you're not at home then where are you?"

Su Jian then explained the incident of how he was escorted to the An residence due to mother An.

Yan Ziwei instantly became more enthusiastic, "A wealthy family soap opera? Then did the rich mother bully you? Come on, tell this big sis every single detail!"

Su Jian hesitated for a bit, then honestly told the story of what happened ever since he moved into An residence.

Once Su Jian mentioned that Bai Ningxue accidentally spilled soup on him, Yan Ziwei felt even more upset that her expectations were far from reality. "Su Xiao Jian! Is your brain made of wood? If she's really as pure as you say, I'll cut off my head and put it on a platter for you! That woman had obviously intended to spill the soup to burn you! You better wake up now!"

Su Jian was stunned, and doubtfully said, "No way? We don't have any grudges against each other. Why would she want to purposely burn me?"

On the other side of the phone, Yan Ziwei was about to die from anger. "You ask WHY? Because she is your love rival! You stole her man, how could she not hate you! That fking woman actually dares to try to steal a wife's husband right in front of her. She has no shame!"

Su Jian unwillingly gulped with shock. S-So Goddess Yan had such a violent side, women truly were a strange species. Speaking of which, the kind and pure Goddess Bai having a dark side within her might not have been impossible after all. It's just that he still did not understand why Bai Ningxue had to secretly spill soup over him. If she really did like An Yize, why not just tell him directly? Or if she hated Su Jian for marrying him, why not just openly show distaste towards him, or give him a good beating? Why waste all that effort to fake the soup accident? Unless she thought if the soup did burn him, he would end up disfigured and then An Yize would get a divorce to be with her? Sigh~ How is Little Sis Bai dark in any way? It's obvious that she is just naive!

Just like all those years ago, when An Yize stole his girl, he didn't try to get revenge by pouring soup on him!

While Yan Ziwei was still fuming with anger, Su Jian hurriedly said, "Don't be angry Ziwei, it's no big deal."

"No big deal? You're injured!" Yan Ziwei cut him off sharply, pondered a bit, heaved a sigh, and said in a worried tone, "Ugh... the rich are so complicated. Look, you are just a pure and innocent young sheep. There's the evil mother who's above and views you as something vile, and next to your husband there's that unnecessary coquettish woman, how can you deal with all this?"

How am I an innocent young sheep? Su Jian cried silently while stuttering out, "It's not that bad, is it? And anyway, the relationship between me and An Yize isn't even real."