Chapter 40: At That Time, He Met Su Jian

In the end, Ji Yan broke up with that man.

When An Yize received her phone call, he immediately rushed over. Her residence was under surveillance by paparazzi so he took her back to his own residence.

He had just brought her into the house when she threw herself into his arms, crying bitterly.

An Yize couldn't say if he was happy or sad, but in the end, he couldn't help but hold her tight.

Ji Yan started living in An Yize's house.

That was the happiest period of time in An Yize's life.

Every day after work, she who just happened to be on break after finishing filming had finished making dinner and was waiting for him at home. Even though she'd never cooked much before and her cooking couldn't really be complimented, he still happily ate every bite.

After dinner, they nestled together on the couch to watch movies. When he was alone, An Yize didn't watch much TV other than dramas and TV shows she appeared in. But with her, he could happily watch even the most boring of shows.

He knew that she still nursed a wounded heart so he put in a lot of overtime to take her abroad and cheer her up. They leaned against each other watching the Northern lights under the night sky of Norway; they strolled through a village in France holding hands, made wishes with their eyes closed in Rome, and watched fireworks in Edinburgh in each other's arms.

The passed each day like lovers did.

The anxiousness in her face slowly disappeared, and was replaced with smiles. When An Yize saw her smiles, he felt that the entire world was dazzling bright.

He thought that no matter how tough it had been in the past, he finally had her now.

........

He secretly had a ring custom made.

On the ring, their initials intertwined, as beautiful as a fairy tale.

The day he received the ring, he held it and stood in front of a window for a long time.

From ten to almost thirty years old, almost twenty years of saving himself, coalesced into the ring in his hand. He suddenly felt as if he were in a trance.

Fortunately, it was worth it to save himself.

He thought that his obstinacy could finally lead to a perfect ending.

.....

That night, he specially prepared enough fireworks to fill the sky.

As the fireworks went off, he brought her to the balcony then brought out the ring box and slowly opened it.

He looked her in the eyes as he said, "Ah Yan, marry me!"

......

The fireworks exploded one after another in the night sky with loud crashes as if disintegrating dream after dream.

Ji Yan stared, motionless, at the ring in front of her.

After a long, silent pause, she paled, then whispered, "Xiao Ze, I'm sorry."

.......

That night, An Yize drove to the beach by himself.

He couldn't stay at home because he didn't know how to face her.

He sat quietly alone in the car for a long time accompanied by the endless night and the cold sounds of the ocean.

At daybreak, An Yize pulled out the ring and threw it far into the ocean.