Side Story 4: Visiting New In-Laws (4)

Ever since Su Jian was able to get closer to his parents, he had been in a good mood. Not only were his parents showering him with care, but even his younger brother who had been acting strangely initially was also now treating him warmly. His brother frequently called and would always rush home whenever Su Jian visited. Sometimes, he would even call Su Jian out to meet. The two of them would talk about their parents or Su Jie's girlfriend or other random stuff. They were very compatible. Su Jian felt that they were able to find back the tacit understanding they had before he was reborn, making him feel very happy.

Since they had a legitimate reason, Su Jian and Su Jie's meetings weren't kept a secret from An Yize. On one side, Su Jian had his true parents and brother. On the other side, he had the husband he loved and a baby. Su Jian felt that his life was very fulfilling.

Thus, Su Jian who was immersed in his fulfilling life didn't notice An Yize looking at him with dark eyes when he was chatting with Su Jie on the phone. Recently, Su Jian who rarely compliment men have been complimenting about Su Jie before him. Thinking about this, An Yize couldn't help but knit his brows.

Also, when An Yize coincidentally heard An Yirou, who came home during the holidays, saying to Su Jian, "No wonder Ah Jie would sometimes ask about you. Third sister-in-law is actually his sister." An Yize's mood sank further.

Yet, Su Jian didn't notice An Yize's abnormality. These few days, after getting off work, An Yize mostly hugged the baby in silence or was working silently in the study room. Seeing this, Su Jian only thought that An Yize was tired. Thus, he personally cooked a meal for An Yize. Feeling that he was quite thoughtful, he gave himself a thumbs up!

......

This night, Su Jian was lying on the sofa while playing his phone when his phone rang.

Answering the call, he had yet to speak when he heard An Yirou speaking anxiously, "Third sister-in-law, is third brother at home?"

Su Jian answered a little confusedly, "Yes... I can help you call him?"

"Okay." An Yirou relaxed slightly. With a still anxious tone, she continued, "I called earlier but I couldn't get through! Third sister-in-law, please hurry up. I'm looking for him urgently!"

"His phone might have run out of battery. Don't be anxious Xiao Rou. What's going on?"

"Third sister-in-law, something happened to Ah Jie!"

Su Jian's expression stiffened and he asked anxiously, "What happened to Ah Jie?"

Sounding like she was crying, An Yirou said, "There was a mudslide! A lot of people died! I called Ah Jie but there was no answer. Third sister-in-law, I'm afraid that Ah Jie..."

......

Su Jian then remembered Su Jie mentioning that he would be going to a mountain area for some social activities. Recalling the location Su Jie told him, Su Jian looked it up online immediately. Indeed, that area had a sudden rainstorm which caused the mudslide, killing many people.

Su Jian's heart sank. Quickly calling back home, he learned that Su Jie has yet to return home. Su Jian's heart sank further. Fortunately, his parents only knew that Su Jie was out for some activity but didn't know where he had gone to. Su Jian relaxed slightly.

Running into the study room, Su Jian handed the phone to An Yize. Due to the sudden news, his voice was trembling when he said, "Xiao Rou called."

An Yize looked at him calmly and received the phone. With a steady voice, he said, "Xiao Rou?"

Perhaps due to anxiousness, An Yirou's voice in the phone was very loud. Su Jian heard An Yirou crying with a "Wa", then her pleading An Yize to help her find life-savingng helicopter, saying that she wanted to personally go help with the rescue.