dessum's story

"So Dessum, you hear about Darkness? They say he is finally in jail." Ally said as she ran towards Dessum.  It was a sunny day in the city as they were standing on the side of the road.

"No I haven't, my mom doesn't let me watch the news or even read the paper. She is scared that she will see my dad in jail." Dessum silently whispered, she always hated it when Ally brought her the news, it was depressing to her.

"Yeah she is probably worried that he'd joined the resistance, huh?"Ally proudly said.

"Shhh! Don't talk against him," Dessum snapped

"Who Sinidel?"Ally asked.

"You know what happens to the last guy who talked against him!" Dessum half yelled trying to keep quiet.

"The worst they could do to him is just put him..." Ally shrugged her shoulders as Dessum cut her off.

"I saw what happened, I was walking by the TV store this time. They killed him, Ally, they killed an innocent man in cold blood. Is that what you want to happen? You dying in the hands of Sinidel?" Dessum whispered trying to control her temper.

As the girls were talking they heard footsteps coming towards them. It sounded close and coming closer Ally and Dessum stopped talking in disbelief that the army is coming again.

"What's that?" Ally asked hoping it was the resistance force.

"The army, the army, We got to run, I'll see you later Ally." Dessum said as they ran in opposite directions.

"See ya Dessum." Ally said as she to started running away.

"God, they can't be after me this time." Dessum huffed as she ran through the streets. Her hair flying behind her. But the army kept coming and soon they would just aim and shoot for no reason. She dodged people left and right as they too started franticly running away and hiding into any space they could.

"Army, army! Run for your lives!" They cried as the people fled warning others. Dessum looked behind her to see if the army was still following her. "They are." She thought but then she spotted a hole in a building.

"A hole, I can still lose them." Dessum thought out loud then she slipped into a crack in the wall. she held her breath, trying not to make a sound. Till the sound of marching feet kept moving away. She sighed in relief after she saw thearmy walked past her.

" This time I win, I win to live another day. And that is something worth celebrating and something my mom should never know. They probably heard Ally and I talking. Oh well, it's not my problem anymore, it's theirs. Better get home. I wonder where mom set up camp this time, last night she was talking about moving something." She whispered to herself while squeezing out of the small hole. "She used the last payment to actually let me go to school, not like I learn anything. It's all about Sinidel, Sinidel, Moneybags, Sinidel, or Sinidel Moneybags, jerk. Oh well, I shouldn't speak anymore, the army might find me and kill me." she whispered to herself as She stood up and started walking."Better go home who knows what will happen to me tonight."

Dessum, was silent for a while as she walked home but one thought kept bugging her as she made her way through the lonesome concrete jungle of Siniville D.M. "This is a town of darkness. To bad I wonder where my father is in this dark time. Too bad Ally will never know the true feeling of a lost father. So many kids now and days live without one of their own parents let alone their own siblings, because of him, Sinidel, I hate that man. All he does is raises taxes and then he murders insistent people with his own army. That reminds me I better get a plan together before they find me again, this isn’t the first time and they are never going to leave." She thought as she started to hurry though the cold looking streets of the city.