Dessum's exsperiance

"There he is Ally, Dessum, the one-and only Darkness, thanks again for letting us talk to him Gem." Crimzen said as the four huddled around the corner.

"No prob, I know how important he is to the final strike. Just don't get me in trouble." Gem whispered as the girls entered the cell.

Dessum couldn't believe it the bars were darkened diamond mixed with pure steel. The strongest cell that Sinidel could find, of course not caring about price. Chains were everywhere but were way cheaper than the bars for some reason.

Gem slowly unlocked the cell door. A man stood in the middle his skin had cuts and bruises lined his muscular body. His pants were tattered a little passed the ankles and he was chained at the ankles as well his face was covered by a black ski mask but he didn't have a shirt on and his black hair dangled off his head while the chains did the same to his body.

Crimzen led the group inside. Dessum was the last, Darkness missed their gazes like he knew who they were. But Dessum knew he was ashamed.

"Darkness I'm Crimzen and these are my friends, Ally and Desire we are part of the resistance that is trying to, um, defeating the government and saving the world. And we need your help. You are the most powerful person in the world and we are close to the largest force in the world we have a worldwide resource at our disposal. There are no strings except fight with us and the world will be united like years ago. That is your goal right Darkness?" Crimzen tried to convince Darkness but Dessum knew he wanted something else. His gaze was somewhere else listening for something lost that he knew was near. He seemed to look away even further when Crimzen mentioned Dessum's name. "Well I am waiting. You in?" Crimzen asked being impatient.

"Crimz give him time." Ally said.

"Ya Crimz." Gem yelled.

But Dessum saw something different. “I think he wants to talk to me." She said under her breath and she thought she saw a slight smile come out of Darkness.

"Dessum are you sure?" Ally snapped as Gem stepped outside to take watch.

"Ya I'm sure, but alone!" She said as Ally and Crimzen looked at Dessum in shock.

Then a voice came above the silence. But Dessum wasn't afraid, instead it sounded familiar. "Yes alone." Darkness said as he finally slowly looked at the girls and smiled showing his sharp teeth. Dessum just looked at Ally and Crimzen who already knew the message."Go, I'll catch up." Dessum said and the two walked outside and stayed in the doorway. "I'm sorry but I must do this." Dessum said as she rejoined the group. "I have a lot of questions and he seems to know the answers." Dessum said mostly to Ally then to Crimzen, who understood completely.

"Come on Crimz. We have to go." Ally said as she pulled Crimzen and Gem back to the girls' cell leaving Darkness and Dessum completely alone.

Once they were completely out of ear shot Dessum began asking what had been on her mind but Darkness seamed to read it for her.

"So you've came with questions that only I can answer." He started with a shadowy voice. Dessum just nodded. “Your father left you when you were little, and a few years later, I show up and try to fix what I had done years ago but." He chuckled. "I was a fool to believe that. And now you come here to ask me if I know anything about your missing father since I heard he is my biggest fan, and kept a secret wardrobe about me."

"Ya, wait, how did you know about..." Dessum said as she was now in full attention of what he had to say.

"The wardrobe? How about you see for yourself who Darkness really is my sweet Desire." Darkness smiled all his sharp teeth was showing though. Dessum was confused she wasn't prepared to hear her childhood nickname from Darkness she was wondering if he was hiding something even bigger than what she imagined. She started reaching for his black ski mask then she hesitated, she wanted to ask permission first but Darkness wasn't hesitant on his next words, “Go ahead." He insisted and Dessum continued, slowly pulling the mask the red-orange eyes closed as the black ski mask crept over his head as the smile stayed the same but the red-orange triangle eyes gave way to the soft amber that Dessum always knew and loved till now.

"Hello my sweet sweet Desire." Darkness chimed as he looked up ready to see tears of joy. Dessum was in shocked that darkness was Denis, her biological father.

Then she remembered when she was a child and living alone with all the destruction he has caused and in an instant she was afraid.

"Ssstay back!" She stuttered as she stepped backwards and tripped over some chains that were on the floor. She was quite lucky that the chains did not rattle.

"Why? I am your father!" Darkness said startled by Dessum's reaction.

“No, my father left me when I was a little girl and, and you disappeared all that time." Dessum shuddered.

"I know." He sighed remembering the past.

 Dessum finally stood up saying "Why, why Darkness? Why did you let this happen?"

"I don't know I guess I was so into hiding and having a family that I didn't see what was happening right in front of me in until it was too late." He sighed.

"Ya, I would say too late Sharpie, you're a coward, a true coward you combine the countries once thinking that we can stand on our own. You magically fall off the face of the earth and we, the world, can't do anything on our own so we crumbled. And then you left me to wake you up from your little day dream, do you like that? My little wake up call. Well, you’re welcome Sharpie!" She said as she shoved the mask on Darkness on those final words.

"Desire wait, I know I had been gone a long time and everything, but I am doing these things to save the world again." Darkness tried to calm Dessum down but it didn't work.

"Good luck with that Darkness or should I say Denis the guy that I grew up to know as my father the one that came home every night and never held secrets that I knew of and waited around for the government to get better. Hmm, you decide darkness or cowardliness." Dessum said then she pinned herself against a wall while keeping eye contact with her father and did something that Darkness never thought Dessum would do. She sped her breathing up drastically and started to shriek as loud as she could "Help help Darkness is getting out! Somebody anybody, HELP!" Then five guards (one was Gem) came to her call all wrestled Darkness to the ground as Dessum cried in Gem's arms.

"Are you alright?" Gem asked as she and another guard came and took her to her cell.

"Yes, I'm fine now, thank you." Dessum said to the group.

"Why on earth were you in there in the first place?" The guard asked.

"I just wanted to know if the rumors were true." Dessum said as she looked behind her as the rest of the three guards wrestled Darkness and put more chains on him.