Little Disire

It was a normal school day for Desire and Ally. Already really good friends, they learned, played and then would have one or the other of their moms come to pick them up for a play-date. The girls would run jump play do anything they want unknowing of the havoc that was unfolding around them. To them it was a time of peace.

"Now who can tell me what the three branches of congress used to be?" Miss stronghold joyfully rang as a knock sounded at the door. Miss Stronghold never even got to the door before the men from the army

came busting though the door.

"Jude Stronghold, you are under arrest. If you do not turn yourself and the children over to the Sindrafacation Act that was just passed." The army man said, his voice sounded like it was strained though a bad microphone.

"You have no authority over the kids, if you want just me, fine, but if you want the kids you'll have to pry each one out of my cold dead fingers and body." Miss Stronghold yelled. Desire had never seen her teacher this mean before.

"All right have it your way, men you know the drill!" The army man said as he raised his gun. Kids started to huddle around and behind Miss Stronghold. But Ally and Desire crouched behind a bookshelf near a back door to the playground.

Soon bullets began to fill the room. Kids screamed and ran to the hallway exit, which was the way they were taught. Miss. Stronghold's body fell to the ground with at least four kids that didn't have shelter behind her. All the kids stood frozen and were shot down immediately, others tried for the door but never made it through, but there were a few that went to the door, where the playground was. All Ally and Desire could do was watch.

"We have to leave soon Ally." Desire noticed

"How?" Ally questioned with panic in her voice.

"Where else, though the park. That is the only way out." Dessum rambled thinking of the woods next door to the school.

"I don't know but..." Ally shuddered.

"It's the only way! Now come on." Dessum commanded as she pulled Ally along.

They managed to slide though the bullets to the door, but when they opened the door it held more soldiers were ready to kill. The kids' blood already stained the glass and some of the equipment of the opened playground. Desire's heart fell. She thought she just saved them not place them into more trouble.

"So what is the plan now," Ally whispered in a I told you so tone. Then she noticed Desire was in a trace type state. "Desire?"

"Hide." Desire said as she snatched Ally and pulled her into the bushes just seconds before the first gun went off.

"Plan?" Ally commanded since she was tired of the sudden choices.

"Crawl quickly but not to where you make the branches move, they will detect us quick." Desire explained as both girls crawled to the woods.

For a while it went well then Ally made a twig snap loudly. "There they are." One of the army soldiers said to the rest of the squad. He already shot a bullet and Desire could hear it, but had no idea where it went.

"Run." Desire yelled and both girls went into A full sprint. Bullets flew around and above Ally and Desire but they kept running to a wooded aria by the school. A crowd started to gather around the entrance of the parking lot. Reporters were talking wildly as Desire and Ally ran past and jumped into the forest fallowed by three soldiers.

"Now what? Ally asked.

"Try to get to the crowd, that will be our best bet. That or straight though." Desire explained.

Then she grabbed Ally's hand and led her out of the woods they squirmed though the people and parents that were trying to get to the front. They ran and ran till they found a hole in a crippled wall just small enough for them. Desire looked at Ally she was breathing hard and sweet was dripping off her forehead. She was starting to cry but no sound or tears would come out except a single sniffle. Desire couldn't believe they were actually alive. She too started to wail up but she noticed blood on the ground right next to Ally.

"Ally, turn around slowly." She said and Ally turned around there was a wound in her arm. Ally tried to scream but Desire put both hands over her mouth.

"Shush Ally you big mouth." Desire whispered. Then she spotted Ally's scarf. "Ally, hand me your scarf,"

"But," Ally protested.

"But nothing, hand me it." Desire yelled as she tugged on Ally's scarf and raped it around the wound. "Come on we have to get home." Desire said and the girls ran home on a completely different route then what they normally took.