trois

The first break with the new student in our class.

I sat, as always, apart from my other classmates in the cafeteria, scrolling through my Twitter feed while trying my best to ignore the stinking trash pile that was supposed to be my lunch. School food is disgusting.

I was so caught up in watching cat videos and memes that I didn't notice the little bundle of pink entering the place, until the derogatory whispering heaved up again.

I tore my eyes away from my phone screen and watched Taehyung standing in the middle of the room with his food tray, looking mainly lost.

I know how it felt. Seeing all those people chatting and being with their group of friends, while you don't have a place you belong to. I arranged myself with that and took the always empty table in the back corner of the cafeteria for myself.

Unsurprisingly, this was the only all empty table left, so Taehyung walked over to me and placed his tray in front of me.

"Is it okay for you if I sit here?"

His tone was... not insecure, more like he was used to people rejecting him, what ended up making him wary towards strangers. I felt bad that he needed to be like this, knowing that it entirely wasn't his fault, but the stupid judgmental society's with its stereotypical picture of masculinity - to say the least.

So I shrugged with a hopefully friendly looking smile, "Sure."

Taehyung sat down a small smile now also tugging on his lips. He arranged his stuff before throwing me a suspicious glance, "You are so nice to me?"

This remark had sounded more like a question than anything else, making me raise an eyebrow, "You didn't gave me a reason not to be?"

His smile widened, making me feel some weird kind of satisfaction that I managed to cause it and he looked down at his (disgusting) food, digging in with his chopsticks.

I was about to avert my attention back to my phone, when I realized that Taehyung was actually enjoying the food.

He must've noticed how I watched him with an in disgust scrunched up nose, without touching my food once, because he pointed at my tray and said (with his mouth stuffed with food), "Do you want to eat this?"

I stared at him in disbelief, before mumbling a 'god dammit' and shoving my still untouched food in his direction. The candy hair hummed pleased, a satisfied grin on his face - what was as disgusting as the food itself considering that he hadn't swallowed down yet.

After a while, I got back to scrolling through my social media, while Taehyung kept eating the canteen food as if it was the most delicious thing on this planet.

No his eating habits had never been my favorite trait about him.

___

"And that's why I believe that sex toys are the solution for all our financial problems.", Liv finished her lecture about international finances.

I yawned and rolled around on the couch, shifting my phone to the other ear. I just hummed approvingly, having to admit that I only listened halfway.

"You didn't listen did you?", Liv said without sounding accusing, just a bit amused.

"No, not really." Was my honest answer, "But I'm tired! What else do you expect me to be, it's freakin 2am here."

Liv sighed, "Screw those time zones, I wish we could just talk together in person."

It truly was frustrating. Liv and I could only talk like this, since she lived lik on the other side of the world. We got to know each other through the internet and quickly realized that we had to be some kind of soulmates. Liv the only real friend I had and I was more than thankful to have her.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to befriend any of those judgmental hoes at school. But maybe I'm too picky when it comes to social relationships.

"How do you think will this pink boy from Daegu get along in school?", Liv pulled me out of my thoughts.

I shrugged until I realized that she couldn't see it, "I don't know. I don't think that we even have a single homosexual student at school, how are the others supposed to know how to act around Taehyung?"

Liv grunted, "But he isn't gay, right?"

"Yeah, but equally hard to accept apparently."

I heard her sigh on the other side, "Man this is hard. Why can't they just let him be?"

I yawned again, signalizing Liv tat it was time to hang up.

"Nevermind honey, you gotta go to sleep now."

"Yeah, bye."

I didn't move for a moment after she hung up, closing my eyes and trying to relax a bit before getting up, body all stiff because of our uncomfortable lime green couch I had laid on for so long. It was almost 3am and I feared the moment I had to wake up for school already.

Now, after all what happened, I think I can say that this day pretty much marked the start of my new life. As crazy as it may sound. As dramatic as it might be. It's fully and entirely true.

___

You know these Y/N characters are mostly pretty characterless and ordinary. I'll try to come up with an interesting character I promise

 I'll try to come up with an interesting character I promise

xx