six

It's funny how I grew comfortable around Taehyung in just a week, while it took me two years to get accustomed to most of my classmates.

After that encounter with Becci, he joined me again at lunch. Again eating a fuck load of food (I really don't know how he can be that skinny) and after that in class he lent me his cute neon markers and we started to talk more.

Well, it was mostly Taehyung talking and me jus throwing in a few sentences occasionally.

And it was the same the next day, chatting in class, sharing his markers and eating together at lunch break.

But although I spent most of my time at school with him, I never really got to know him, the topics of our conversations being mainly pretty trivial. It was easy to talk like this, without actually needing to open up to the other.

The only thing disturbing the harmonious routine we had built in the last week were, well, the other students.

Look, the faggot came in

Stupid queer bitch

He... she? I don't even know

But whenever I snapped at them, asking what the fuck their problem with Taehyung was, they all shrugged and answered pretty much the same.

"There's no problem. We tolerate him but it's our choice what we say, okay? Just mind your own buisness."

And every time I felt this same gut wrenching feeling. Tolerate. Oh, how I hated this word.

It's like 'oh, we don't appreciate his existence but we tolerate it'

I don't want them to fucking tolerate him. I want them to accept him. To talk to him normally and smile at him. And to stop these damn snide comments everytime he enters a room.

But, like Becci said, this wasn't the only thing they said.

Ew does she like him?

She's a guy for sure, why else would she enjoy his presence?

Stupid queer bitch

I was able to over hear these things. Really, they didn't bother me. I cared too less about them to actually give a fuck.

Tae, well, Tae did. He mumbled a 'sorry' every time he heard one of these things and I every time rolled my eyes. It wasn't his fault. But it obviously was dragging him down more than the comments about himself.

Stupid empathic bitch

Now, I felt bad for making him feel bad for making me feel bad.

At some point I realized that it would only hurt himself if he kept on taking these things so personal. So, when he was about to force out another 'sorry' I brought my hands to both of his cheeks, dragging his face down so that we were on one level, squishing his cheeks in the process.

"Listen idiot. It's not your fucking fault okay? I don't care about what they say, get this in to your tiny brain."

He nodded wide eyes and I let go of him, his hands immediately reaching to his face to rub his cheeks with a whine.

"Ow"

"Pussy"

"Shut up"

"Make me"

He stuck out his tongue and turned around in his seat dramatically. I just shook my head and got back to my task of acting as if I was interested in what our English teacher told us.

This bickering was another thing I had grown comfortable with, as I noticed how it made feel Taehyung weirdly better. Maybe he just needed someone to let his emotions out on. Poor boy.

I felt more than just relieved when the bell rang, signalizing that it was time for me to go home and bury myself in video games and dad's pasta.

Nonethless, I'm really slow in packing my things, so I ended up being the last one leaving the class room.

I was rather surprised when I saw Taehyung standing in front of the school building, staring in to the air absently.

His pink hair swayed softly around head, the sun making it shimmer mesmerizingly. He had the paws of his pink spotted sweater bunched up in his hands, fiddling with it as if he was nervous.

He always wore long sleeved tops. I never asked why, thinking it was none of my buisness.

"Are you waiting for someone to pick you up."

Tae's eyes wided comically as I startled him out of his absent state of mind, but as soon as he realized it was me a soft smile spread over his face.

uh

This is new

I had never seen him smile like that. It was... strange. But I liked it.

"Yeah." Was all he said.

"Okay... uhm- bye I guess.", I said awkwardly and his smile widened, his eyes squinting in to tiny crescents, "Bye!"

Till this moment, I hadn't really cared much about Taehyung's family situation, but I was suddenly curious. Would his mom pick him up? Or his dad? Maybe he even had older siblings.

I sometimes wished I wasn't an only child. If I had a brother or a sister, then maybe I wouldn't be such a unsocial bitch.

Or maybe I was just meant to be a unsocial bitch. I mean, who knows?

"Hello sweetie!" Dad chirped as soon as I entered the apartment.

I tried to supress a grin, "Dad we talked about this!"

"Yes, and I think to remember that I didn't care."

I mentioned already that dad was perfectly good at playing the dad and the mom part? Yeah, mostly it was the mom part.

Don't get me wrong, he was perfectly sure that his gender was male, but sometimes he just acted so girly that it made me question if I really was his daughter.

But that's just how my dad is and I loved him like that.

I sat down and checked my Twitter feed while he kept on preparing his pasta and an Idea popped up in my head.

"Dad?"

"Yes honey?"

"What do I do when people don't accept another person who has to be around them most of the time?"

My dad's traits softened, not being used to his daughter asking such kind of questions.

"I guess you can't change the people themselves. You can only show them how to do it right, being better than them."

"But what if they start pushing me out because of it too?"

He cocked a brow, "Do you want to tell me something Y/N?"

I shook my head, "No. Just curious."

"Well, I think that you have to decide if you want to set yourself down on one level with these people and give up or stand up for this one person."

___

Do you have any habits or kind of rituals with your best friends?

Do you have any habits or  kind of rituals with your best friends?

xx