quatre

I scratched the dark color off my nails while waiting in my yet empty classroom. I don't even know why I paint my nails black, guess it just makes me feel pretty damn badass.

Dad always told me that it made me look like some gothic basic bitch but let's be real - you rather don't take fashion advise from your father. But - oh surprise, she has a sad past - I didn't have a mother whom I could take fashion advises from. But I was okay with that, being used to the cozy togetherness I had with my father.

Dad was the best father you could wish for, being perfectly able to play the dad as well as the mom role. No really, he's some weird clean freak, my dad.

My absent state of mind of scratching nail polish off my fingers got rudely interrupted my another early bird entering the room. My gaze flickered up, just to meet with Taehyung's slender figure.

My eyes stayed glued to him for a moment, making me feel ugly all of a sudden. I looked down at my black TØP t-shirt and my worn out chucks and then back to the candy haired boy. He wore a fluffy peach-colored sweater and a pair of washed out shorts - like, short shorts, the kind of shorts girls usually wore, making me fear the moment when the other guys would enter the room, not ready to hear another comment like 'fag' towards the poor boy. He also wore a round pair of glasses which accentuated his freckles even more and on top of that had a strand of his top hair tied together cutely.

I watched him as he sat down besides me, greeting me with a small 'hi' and beginning to rummage through his bag. After a moment he noticed me watching him and lifted his body up in a sitting position, "You do know we have sports in the first lesson, right?"

I blinked and squinted my eyes at him, "How do you know our schedule better than I do? It's only your first day."

A laugh escaped his lips and he ruffled my hair, making me feel even dumber than before - but some how at ease too, this gesture being quite matey and much more open than just a day before. He seemed more comfortable already... at least around me. I didn't know if I liked this yet.

___

It was safe to say that I was not that motivated to join PE and I kept wandering along the hallway next to our changing rooms, after Taehyung and I had went there ten minutes before the lesson started.

I didn't had my sportswear with me anyways, so why not just skip class?

I really considered doing so, when I heard the door of the boy's changing room banging open behind me, making me jump around startled, just to see how Taehyung got pushed out of it harshly.

"We don't want fags to change with us! Stay out or it'll be worse you pervert."

My eyes moved down to the boy on the floor, who held his knee where he had hit the door but apart from that didn't say anything nor looked up, and back to the one who had spoken - Jaemin.

I don't remember what exactly made me snap - wether it was the F word or the fact that Taehyung didn't even fight back - but I walked over to the fucktard who had pushed him and said loudly, "Hey, dickhead! Who the fuck do you think you are? He has a right to change just like the rest of you."

Jaemin took a step towards me, now towering over me and I realized that it probably wasn't the best idea for a tiny girl like me to fight such a giant ass boy like Jaemin. Besides that I couldn't imagine a girl like me looking that intimidating.

"Then he can go change with you girls."

"Well, but he's a boy with a dick like you and he will change with the other boys. And now let him fucking be!"

Said giant ass boy looked down at me for what felt like an eternity and then back to Taehyung before letting out a snort, "Look who has to be saved by a girl."

I didn't like the way he empathized the word 'girl'. Not at all. I shot him a glare but he just went back in to the room, leaving the door open for the other boy to enter.

I turned around to find Taehyung staring at me with parted lips and cocked my head to the side, reaching out my hand to help him get up, "You're welcome?"

He smiled slightly before taking my hand, "Would've never thought that someone who's 5'0 could be that scary."

I scowled at him, "I'm 5'1."

"You're 16, how can you not have grown yet?"

"You know I believe that the energy in your body concentrates on either growing your body or your brain. For me it's the brain, for you obviously not you slenderman looking brat."

We bickered like that for a bit, and I exceptionally allowed him to tease me since I understood that it was his way to get over the situation he just had experienced - although I highly doubted that this had been the first time of him being bullied like that.

I don't know why I had to get between him and Jaemin, don't know why I wasn't able to just look away like everyone other. Since day one, I felt obliged to defend Taehyung, and after all I guess that he's damn lucky that he met me.

___

Have you witnessed bullying or exclusion at your school? Or were you even part of it?

xx