trente et un

The worst part of becoming an adult is, that you have to act mature all of a sudden.

At least that's what Mrs. Wang had taught us (you remember this stiff little bitch, right?) and that's what I had tried to act up to the last two years. Acting mature that is. What for me meant, not acting selfish anymore (what I highly failed in, as soon as I started skipping classes with Chris).

But apparently all my good intentions are flying out of the window when it comes to Taehyung, because when he tells me that he should probably go home after I treated his wounds in a long awkward moment I practically cling to his side in order to stop him from leaving.

"Nononononononono, you can't go already." You know, I just got him back after two fucking years, tell me one reason why I should let him go so very soon.

Obviously this was just my brain overreacting because Tae just chuckles and turns his face in my direction, "You could've just told me that you want me to stay. Like, normally"

I roll my eyes and grab his hand, now that I made sure he would stay. I walk us past the kitchen where dad is standing and cleaning the dishes, "Hey dad, Tae will sleep here tonight."

He waves in our direction without even turning around, "Sure, have fun."

Just my dad not caring about who I bring home as always.

No really, I could bring Donald Trump and he wouldn't care.

(Okay, maybe)

"Wow your home really didn't change at all." Tae notes and I smile vaguely, "Nothing really change, did it?" I retort .

"Well, especially not your size."

I hit him.

He's about to enter my room but I keep dragging him behind me until we reach the end of the corridor, where I open a heavy door.

I glance backwards to catch Taehyung looking at me curiously and all I can think is 'you're going to like this'.

A big old staircase winds itself upwards behind the door and I motion the silently curious pink hair to follow me till we reach the top.

I haven't ever thought about myself as a romantic but ever since I found this place (or Chris found it when he sneaked around my place) I felt this weird urge of watching the sun set from the rooftop of the house, what is where the stairs lead to.

We step in the mild summer air and I hear Taehyung sucking in a deep breath behind me, as if he had been holding it until now.

The door closes smoothly and I step nearer the edge of the house that's framed by a low brick wall, where my arms are now resting on.

Taehyung does the same besides me and rests his head in his arms, staring at the houses of my neighborhood.

My eyes slide along his side profile and I can't help but to ask myself how a person can look just so damn ethereal.

Warm sunlight grazing his doll-like profile, soft pink hair swaying over his forehead and big brown eyes watching the scenery in front of him.

And there go the butterflies in my tummy again. What the fuck.

I thought I am over this teenage anxiousness of admitting my feelings for Taehyung but now that I'm standing right besides him, those three words on my tongue, I can't speak them out loud.

"It's okay."

I flinch, surprised of Taehyung's soft voice.

"It's okay." He repeats, "You don't need to say it, I know it."

His smile in so genuine, so soft and beautiful and I feel so, so bad for not being able to say anything.

It's quiet for a very long moment of staring at each other and doing literally nothing else - I think I even stopped to breathe.

"I- I talked with Catherine." I manage to say, this being something I wanted to get off my mind since I got into Chris' car.

The boy in front of me nods, "Thought so."

"She... explained me why she did what she did."

"Don't let her blame all her fault on Renjun." He says with bitterness, "She's a bad as him."

So he knew already what Catherine had to say. And here I am, thinking I would bring in some good news.

I sigh, "I'm sorry."

A twisted grin appears on Taehyung's face, "You once told me you didn't understand why people tend to say 'I'm sorry' when they hear about your mother's death. Why would you tell me you're sorry for the parents neither of us has control over?"

I shrug, "You had answered that it was because people feel like apologizing for remembering me. I guess it's the same here."

His grin widens, "You remember this conversation?"

I laugh, scooting closer to nudge his side, "Of course I do."

He looks down on me and I feel his arm sneaking around my shoulders, pulling me closer, "I'm surprised. Who would've thought that the girl who failed every single German test of her's could have such a good memory."

"Fuck you too."

He giggles but it's quiet after this, we just stay in this very comfortable position, looking over the city Seoul.

After a few minutes I lift my head to look at Tae, "What will we do now?"

Addressed boy sighs, seemingly annoyed, "Dunno. Let's not think about the future. Let's just stay here. Like this."

___

I'm sorry for the short update

I won't be able to update within the next week because I'll be on a trip to London - yay

Also there aren't much more parts planned

xx