vingt-quatre

Did you ever wake up in the morning and had this feeling that something bad was about to happen soon?

Well, that morning, I didn't and what does that tell you about me? That I'm not a magician, obviously.

But I'm ahead of myself a little right now, and am probably confusing you more than necessary (haha).

So, I really had looked forward to meeting Taehyung the next day because I wanted to see if Catherine would really forbid him to meet his 'boyfriend' again. But I guess she just didn't realize that we were going in the same class or something.

By the way, I couldn't get over the fact that she did really believe me yesterday, like am I such a smooth liar?

Whatsoever, I got rudely forced out of my daydreaming when my favorite other early bird entered the classroom with a heart meltingly wide boxy smile and a bright yellow plaster on his nose.

"Hey, babe." I greeted him, imitating his words from yesterday.

He giggled and crossed his legs on his seat, like a little child, bunching up the hem of his blindingly yellow sweater, "I hate to admit it but I had to clarify your joke from yesterday or else Catherine would've locked me in my room and burned the house down."

He laughed at my face that was something like:  0-0  and hit my shoulder playfully, "This was a joke, idiot. She was just really angry at me, but still, this had been so very entertaining yesterday thank you."

This sounded like something I would've said.

I smiled, "Well, you're welcome I guess."

The day went on like normally.

I didn't see Chris around again and no one noticed the many bruises on Tae, that slowly were blooming an ugly green.

For people that talk about him that much they actually look at him quite few.

Nothing really impressive happened that day (besides Tae getting an A in math test (again)) and I felt glad for this comparable boring day in contrast to the not-so-boring last ones.

That was until we left school in the afternoon and met Jungkook like everyday. And Taehyung deciding to go home alone. And Jungkook eyeing me weirdly.

"What?" I asked bluntly what caused Jungkook to wear an offended expression.

"Nothing? Just..."

"Just what?"

I still had this negative attitude towards the poor boy and it took me until that moment to comprehend it.

There's no need for you to be jealous of him, you know that now, right?

Jealousy is a nasty little thing and I hadn't been able to accept that such a pure child like me could feel something like that. Because it's a selfish feeling and I hate selfish people.

But yeah, even I knew how jealous I had been.

But now that Taehyung had confessed to me? Now that he had explained why he hung out with Jungkook so often?

I realized that there was no need for me to feel this way. But did it change anything? No, I still disliked Jungkook, although there was nothing dislikable on this sickeningly perfect man.

Uh life is hard.

Jungkook had seemingly been searching for the right words to answer my oh so hard question and was now eyeing me with somewhat curiosity.

"Did- did he say it?"

"Uhm-"

"Did he ask you out?"

"Uhm- I-"

"Did-"

"No."

"?"

I began to take my usual way back home, supposing that Jungkook would follow me and, yeah I was right he did, following me with an overly interested expression.

"He didn't?" He asked.

"No, he didn't ask me out because we don't do such things."

"As friends, yes, but you know that he l-"

"He confessed to me though?" I interrupted his attempt of interrupting me.

A smile, a bit like that of a proud father appeared on Jungkook's face and he nudged my side, "And? What did you say?"

"Don't be so nosy." I replied irritated.

Jungkook stopped in his track, what didn't stop me from finally reaching my home and my cozy bed until-

"Do you like him too?"

No that made me stop. I turned around.

"I said don't be so nosy."

"Do you?" He ignored my comment professionally.

I stayed silent.

Why is it so hard to admit that you like someone?

Is it because yo are vulnerable in the moment you admit it?

But what would I have to lose?

Or is it just me and my little brain that can't take a grasp of the fact that I actually developed feelings for someone.

Damn

Jungkook was still looking at me expectantly.

I just nodded and a bright toothpaste commercial worthy smile spread over the older's face, "He'll be really happy if you tell him, you know?"

I nibbled on my lower lip, "I think he already knows."

"But it feels good to hear it from the person."

I looked down at the dusty pavement, "I know."

He reached out to ruffle my hair, a soft smile on his lips, "You'll do it, believe me."

I blinked, confused at the sudden physical contact, not in a negative way though. 

I guess overly touchy Tae made me being used to it.

"Yeah." I replied vaguely.

I don't really remember why but what I do remember is that I - as I watched Jungkook walking back - felt the urge to see Taehyung and tell him how much I liked him and that I loved his pink hair and his weird eating habits and that I thought that he was beautiful and that he deserved a real family.

Sadly I never had the chance to tell him these things.

___

When it's 4am, is it night or is it morning?

xx

xx