quatorze

I found it always easy to read people. Most of them are so transparent, it's literally as if they want to be an open book to others, as if they want to be so damn easy.

Well, with Taehyung it wasn't that easy. Sometimes. Sometimes I just didn't understand this boy. And I always tried my best to do so. But there were moments where I didn't get him.

Like this day of our school trip.

We went to some totally interesting history museum with our totally motivated history teacher and had the amazing opportunity to learn things about dead white people.

Yay

Whatsoever, Tae and I took always care of staying behind as good as possible, because said dead white people didn't really count to our interests and we ended up strolling around the empty corridors without running behind the rest of our class.

It was more fun like that anyways. Alone I mean. No mean comments or snide glares to ignore. Just us.

"Dad just came back from his short buisness trip. He's barely not home, but I guess it's refreshing too when he isn't there." Taehyung chuckled and I turned my head to watch his side profile, "You can come over whenever you feel like, you know that right?"

A small smile appeared on his face but he didn't say anything at first.

I kept studiyng his side profile. His pink hair had almost faded, leaving a slight tint of white and he had secured it with a pink glitter hair-clip. His freckles had become even more apparent due to the bright sun that had blessed the out going people the last few days.

He must've noticed me staring at him and took it as a sign of me waiting for an answer from him, "Thanks, but I guess I'm used to my walk home."

I nodded understanding, "With Jungkook, right?"

He suddenly gave me a weird glare, "Is that a problem to you?"

I shook my head, caught slightly off guard, "No! Not at all, I guess it's great that you are reunited with your bestfriend from Daegu."

He blinked and turned to me with a confused look, "Jungkook wasn't my bestfriend?"

"No? You seemed really close." I mumbled. And it was true, just look at the reaction Tae had when he saw Jungkook again. He literally exploded of bliss.

"We- we weren't even friends if I'm being honest." He looked down while talking, as we kept walking through the softly illuminated corridors, "He was... also mean to me. Like the others."

I frowned, "Why-"

"But he apologized for his behaviour the day he moved away." Taehyung interrupted me, "He was the only one ever apologizing."

"Why is he around you so much then?" I didn't want to sound like a jealous girlfriend, I really didn't.

"He- uhm..." Taehyung blushed hard and I understood.

Or so I thought.

"I see..." I said with a grin.

That only caused him to blush harder and he shook his head quickly, "No! That's not what I- what I meant."

He bit his lip and lowered his gaze, "I'm not gay Y/N."

"I know" I said smiling, "But you aren't straight either, are you?"

We talked about this, I'm not saying this just out of the blue.

He nodded, "Yeah but I'm- not interested in Jungkook."

I cocked my head to the side, confused.

"Y-You mistook my reaction." Tae mumbled, clearly embarrassed.

I laughed softly, "Obviously. I'm sorry."

We were quiet for a minute but it didn't let me go so I kept asking, "So, why is he around you so much then? When you aren't friends and he isn't your crush either?"

Taehyung scowled at me - what looked more like the expression of an angry cat on him - before looking away, pretending to read one of the info boards, "Oh, look! What an interesting fact about- uhm... Marie Curie."

I laughed at his poor attempt of changing the topic but went with it. I kinda was relieved that he hadn't replaced his gorgeous best friend with a bunny-looking muscle pig, and accepted his obvious wish of not telling me why he kept Jungkook around him like this.

Though it kinda was frustrating that I couldn't seem to figure it out, but what could I do?

I would find out sooner or later anyways

___

The boy examined the photo of the pink haired one and smirked.

"What a pretty one you got there."

The other one laughed and put his phone back into the back pocket as the first one was ready with examining the photo.

"Does he have any people close to him?"

"No. Well, yes, a tiny, moody girl but she won't be a problem at all."

The first guy patted the other ones shoulder, a wide dirty smirk plastered over his face.

"Good job Jaemin."

They left the place, completely unaware of the figute watching them.

The tall blonde guy with the chocolate brown eyes squinted his eyes as he slowly turned around to stroll back to the street he had come from, before stumbling into this rather sketchy scene.

He had a slight idea of what this all had been about but yet couldn't bother enough for any second thoughts.

Yet.

___

Why was Tae blushing so hard at her question?

Also, I finally made a playlist for the story, go to the very beginning of the book if you want to know to what songs I'm listening while writing this story

xx