vingt et un

I pulled back abruptly, making Taehyung look at me weirdly. It wasn't exactly because I didn't want this kiss to happen, more because I was a bit shocked of his (to be fair, not really surprising ) actions.

"I uhm- am sorry." Tae said, probably feeling rejected as fuck and I frantically shook my head, "No! It was just... I was taken a bit off guard, I am sorry."

Tae nodded, but didn't look my way and I too let my gaze wander around my overly messy room feeling the awkward tension growing each second.

"So..." I began my sentence without actually knowing what to say.

Taehyung cocked his head to the side, a few strands of pink hair covering his left eye, "So?"

I bit my lip and shrugged, bringing my knees up to my chest and hugging them.

This familiar feeling of uncomfortableness, I used to feel around everyone else was back, growing in my chest and I didn't know how to stop it, nor why I felt it now although I was just feeling so incredibly happy a few seconds ago.

Taehyung had his legs crossed, head cocked still to the side while watching me silently.

I didn't meet his gaze, wasn't really aware of him watching me and suddenly wished this night to over as fast as possible.

All that because of a kiss.

I mean, after all I'm just an awkward as heck teenager.

I was lost in my own world in this moment, not aware of Tae watching me, neither of him taking of his shirt and scooting closer.

Only when I felt the mattress dipping down to a level where I almost lost balance I looked up and felt... sad.

"Tae..." I said, voice sounding disappointed, "I thought you stopped."

Really, I wasn't disappointed of him but of me. It felt like I didn't do my job as a friend right, as if I failed him.

A small smile appeared on his face, "You thought or you hoped?"

Latter

"It's not something you can just stop."

My eyes traced the fresh scars on his left side, that definitely wasn't caused by these guys beating him. I couldn't believe we had been joking around just a few moments ago, while I didn't have a clue of Tae's... state. My eyes shifted back to his face, "What do you want me to say?"

It wasn't a rude question, no a totally serious one.

Tae crossed his legs again, gaze wandering along his scarred arms, voice sounding a bit lost as he talked, "The last time I was here you said found them beautiful." He locked eyes with me, "D-Do you still think so or did you just say it to make me feel less bad?"

I laid my head to the side, thinking about what I said the last time he overslept at my place.

"They are beautiful Tae."

"Y-You think so?"

"Yes, there's no need to hide them."

He even turned up with a short sleeved shirt the next day. He knew I had been honest, but I understood him. This was the insecurity talking for him, the insecurity about himself and his not so pretty story. I knew how this felt, though I was good at not showing it.

So I nodded, "Of course I still think so Tae. These are a part of you, just like your life is - as shitty as it may be - and I think the way they tell your story better than a thousand words is beautiful..."

"But please stop harming yourself."

If not for yourself then for me

Tae sighed heartbreakingly and scooted closer, untangling my arms that were still slung around my knees and pulled me against him. I didn't fight back this time and once again experienced how physical contact didn't disturb me when it comes to Taehyung.

His body was warm and his flowery scent engulfed me in the most wonderful hug a little girl like me could wish for.

At this point I should add that I was at the latest from this moment on whipped for this boy, but I really took my time with realizing it.

Like, yeah I know that I'm not the smartest student but am I that slow?

I traced circles over his bare back and felt how his warmth slowly took over me, making me feel so incredibly sleepy.

Yes, I really fell asleep in Kim Taehyung's lap and I still accurately remember the words he slurred in my ear sleepily before I drifted away.

"I love you Y/N."

___

"Good morning my unholy love birds, you're going to be late for school!" Dad cooed cheerfully.

I understood his words, but not really the meaning behind them until I realized my current situation of being tangled together with a bare-chested Tae, sheets laying around messily.

I tried my best to untangle myself of the slowly awakening Taehyung and jumped up, "It's not what it looks like!"

"Wow now I'm disappointed." My beloved father said way too honest and I threw a pillow at him, which only missed him because he closed the door fast enough.

Tae chuckled behind me and yawned before getting up and searching his clothes, "We're going to school today as always, I guess?"

I sighed, "This is going to be interesting."

"Can't wait to see the reaction of my lovely classmates to-" He gestured towards his bruised face, "-this."

"I don't think it's a good idea to go to school like that." I stated.

"Let's skip classes?"

"Dad will cover us."

Tae made a little 'yes' gesture before locking himself in the bathroom to change.

Only then I sat down on my bed and massaged my temples, rewinding yesterday evening.

Tae and I had been so... intimate.

Not even gonna lie, it felt awesome when he hugged me like that.

I mean he had hugged me like, a thousand times before but that one had been different.

I wanted him to hug me like that again.

But before he'd do that I should get my own feelings straight, that was for sure.

___

Dunno what else to add besides HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEON JUNGKOOK

xx