vingt-huit

At the beginning my thoughts had only circled around one thing: Wether Tae was okay or not, because... Kim Taehyung... on a christian school? On a conservative school, being surrounded by what I imagined super strict teachers?

My imagination always ran wild when I thought about his new school. I imagined Tae being brain-washed and forced to be someone he didn't want to be, but let's be real; your imagination tends to outdo itself in situations like that.

But those worries and thoughts ebbed down somewhere during the past two years and I somehow convinced myself that Tae was fine.

That he found great accepting friends and chill teachers (not like Mrs. Wang nxbcxhsichskjsuf this little bitch istg).

And then I felt bad for not having found such things yet - besides maybe Chris, but our relationship is kinda questionable.

Like, when he dragged me to fucking Suwon.

Where we in fact did something intellectual and visited Hwaseong Fortress, what stunned me utterly because, please try and picture Chris walking along an old stone wall while reading the small information charts, being totally engulfed in the topic.

Yeah, I discovered a new side of him that day.

"Why the Fortress?" I asked, following behind the blonde, who lead us past groups of students who supposedly were on some kind of school trip to Hwaseong.

Chris shrugged, a happy grin on his face as he winked a guy who goggled at him a bit too shameless, "Why not?"

"There are a bit more... modern activities for guys like you to do in Suwon I believe."

He turned around with a huge grin on his face, now walking backwards while facing me, "What do you mean by 'guys like me'?"

I was about to remind him that he calls himself 'king of the gays' but he cut me off before any words left my mouth, "Just stop thinking so much and enjoy the day babygirl."

I groaned and followed him, feeling a bit like that time dad forced me to go to an art museum when I was seven - he had to drag me all the way through it, while enduring the little tantrum I threw.

"Let's go up to that platform, shall we?" Chris proposed (!!!) and I blinked upwards, feeling tired at the mere sight of the stairs.

"Nah I'm good. You go up there I'll wait somewhere here for you." I said with a huff, making the older shrug and leave with the very motivated grin on his face that had been like sewn to it the whole day already.

I began to stroll up and down the fortress while waiting for Chris to come back, contemplating of going up there and beat him to trash if he's flirting instead of 'enjoying the education'.

"I won't do all of these tasks myself!"

"Sorry bro but that's the rule."

"This doesn't even make sense."

Though unusually annoyed, the familiar voice made me stop abruptly and I turned around slowly, just to stare up at a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

And by staring I mean staring.

I didn't move a single muscle, just gawked at the boy who stood only a few inches away from me, staring at me with an equally shocked expression, mouth hanging slightly open.

Two. Fucking. Years.

And now this.

One of Kim Taehyung's - what I supposed to be - classmates waved in front of his face with an all too irritated expression, "Yo, earth to Kim."