vingt-trois

Taehyung had a content grin on his face as he swayed his hand, that held mine, forth and back as we walked home from our little trip to Moheom World.

Mentioned grin disappeared as soon as his eyes fell onto the person who was currently arguing with my dad on our entrance.

"-Of course not, but I refuse to accept that you are making decisions that aren't yours to make! Taehyung is not your responsibility!"

"I didn't mean to offend you with my actions Mrs." Dad tried his best to calm the screeching woman in front of him, "But I just thought it wouldn't be good for Taehyung to go to school in his condition."

"What made you think this? How dare you lie to his teachers as a grown man, just to make him not go to school, without my consent?"

"I uhm-"

In that moment, dad spotted us behind the stranger, throwing me a pleading glance.

Me not knowing what to do either just waved dumbly, "Hi dad."

The women snapped around and allowed me to take in the glorious sight of her make-up caked face.

I have to admit, she was kind of an impressive woman. She was what you could call giant (though it's not my place to say) with thick brown locks and bright red lips. Her eyes were what intimidated me the most, ice cold and piercing like that of a predator. A predator with an angry red face and deeply furrowed brows.

"Taehyung?"

"Catherine."

"Oh"

The 'oh' came from me as realization hit me.

So that was Catherine.

The women that made Taehyung cry barely two hours ago, without even being present.

"What are you doing with this girl?"

"Uh..."

I remembered all the things Taehyung had told me about her very well and felt the sudden need of playing with her really badly.

So I wore my brightest smile and reached out my hand for her to shake, saying: "Hello Mrs. Kim. I'm Taehyung's boyfriend!"

Catherine choked and so did Tae behind me, my dad pressed his palms against his mouth to not laugh out loud, already knowing me and my genius ideas too well.

"H-His girlfriend?"

I shook my head, "No, his boyfriend. Please respect my pronouns  Mrs."

The woman's head snapped back to dad, the reason why she argued with him in the first place being long forgotten.

"And you tolerate this?!"

Dad visibly bit back his laughter as he nodded, trying to come off all serious, "Of course I do. What father would I be if I didn't? I love my son the way he is."

The way he empathized 'son' made it hard for me not laugh as well and I felt Taehyung laughing behind me quietly.

"This is enough Taehyung. I forbid you to meet this... this person any longer. This is disgusting. You are disgusting."

I was a bit shocked by her harsh words but Taehyung seemed all to familiar with them because he just followed her grinning, turning around just before entering the car to blow me a kiss, saying, "See ya babe!"

Dad and I watched the car disappearing around the corner. He giggled as soon as it was out of sight and slung an arm around my shoulder, "You really handled this situation like a professional."

I grinned, "I've been through worse."

Dad hit my shoulder jokingly, "But really, I held back my curiosity as good as I could till now, but you have to explain me a few things."

We began to make our way back into the apartment as I hesitantly said, "Let's just say... Tae didn't exactly grow up with a dad as chill as you."

Dad nodded slowly, "And why did he call his mom by her first name?"

"It's not his mom. Well, not biologically. He was adopted and he... well, he came to the conclusion that she doesn't deserve being called 'mom'."

"It's not my place to judge but from all I got to see of this heart warming woman so far, I have to agree that Catherine doesn't seem all so accepting. I mean, Taehyung is special after all."

I nodded slowly, "Right... right."

Taehyung was special. And that was what he should be told to be proud of. Not to be ashamed of. Being called things like disgusting... was sadly exactly what I expected of Taehyung's adoptive mother. Yet I had been shocked.

You can over hear comments and accusations at school. But the things your own mom, adoptive or not says?

A mother is some one you should feel the closest to, the one whose word weights the most. I mean it's the person who pressed you out of their own body after all.

And even if it's not your biological mom. It's the person you should be the closest to.

No one should be called things like disgusting by their own mother.

Yet this and probably a lot worse things were what Taehyung got to hear on a daily basis.

He was used to it for fucks sake. He shouldn't need to be. Yet it probably was his only possibility to make it through this hell.

___

Long time no see

I don't want to make fun of transgender people in this chapter, I hope you know that.

xx