vingt-deux

His hair looked almost orange as the gentle morning light fell onto his face, that now was adorned with two heart-patterned plasters on his nose and cheek, what fit him ridiculously well. 

A content smile was spread over his face as we walked along the street, not really having a destination on our so called day-off (that basically was dad covering us as Tae didn't want to go to school in his condition and me not wanting to go to school without Tae).

"So, what do you want to do? We are free today, and it's the middle of the week so there won't be many people around."

Tae shrugged wordless, seemingly deeply thinking about my question, while I was sure that he actually had Itzy's icy playing in his mind, only half listening to my words.

After a moment of silence he shrugged again and a shy smile formed on his lips, "I haven't been to Moheom World for a long time..."

"Moheom World?" I gave him a confused look, "It closed five years ago."

A kind of shocked expression appeared on the poor boys face when the harsh reality hit him and a really dramatic gasp left his lips, "Really? But why?"

"Apparently most of the rides weren't save and the owners decided that it was cheaper to just close the park than to restore them."

The pink hair pouted, "B-But I loved it there..."

I glanced at him, "Did you go there often?"

He shook his head, "Only once, when Catherine and I had been on better terms. I think those are the only good memorys I made with her."

I nodded and then shrugged my shoulders, "Well, now there's only an empty, non-intact adventure park left."

His head snapped around and I flinched when he stopped all of a sudden.

"It's still there?"

"Well, yeah, but like I said it's-"

"Let's go then."

"Tae, it's closed!"

"Yes. And?"

I shrugged and gave in sighing.

___

So that's how I ended up taking the train to the other side of Seoul, entering a creepy, abandoned adventure park - that also was private terrain - illegally.

Damn it feels good to be a  gangster.

I quickly slipped underneath the rusty grid and watched my slender friend - you know, the one who keeps bugging me because of my non-existent height - struggling to do the same.

Moheom World had been an adventure park, similar to Lotte World. I remember going there on the birthday of my cousin (I also remember punching her friend because she kept throwing chips at me) when I was seven. Moheom had been the embodiment of cheesy Disney-Land romantic for me, considering the big and colorful castle in the center of the comparable small park.

This castle was what Taehyung went straight to, ignoring the other attractions - that where out of order anyways - and had a childish smile all over his face as he climbed the stairs of the pink and purple castle.

What once had been Moheom World's main attraction was now an old building with color peeling off it's walls and graffiti all over it. But still - it never lost it's charm and that probably was what drew Tae in.

I was a huffing mess when we reached the top platform from where you could over look the whole park, that now looked like a dusty toy-model of a dreamy adventure park, and couldn't quite figure out why Taehyung - who hadn't said much throughout our little journey, untypical - had the expression of a five years old on Christmas.

His eyes sparkled and an overjoyed smile made him look even prettier, together with the cute little plasters on his nose and cheek. I stepped besides him to the railing and leaned both my elbows onto it, resting my cheeks in my hands while watching the still scenery underneath me.

"Why are you so fascinated by this?"

He just turned his head slightly in my direction, not averting his gaze off the abandoned park, not even as he answered, "It's the memory, you know. I remember all the nice things I experienced here when I was younger."

He pointed at a stand near the castle, "Catherine bought me cotton candy there, but I didn't know how to eat it so I ended up making a mess."

Then he pointed at ride further away, "I wasn't tall enough for this one yet but I wanted to try it so bad that she paid the staff extra money for letting me in."

"And there", he pointed at a Photo Booth right in front of us, "We took photos there together, they were kinda silly thinking back... I think I threw them away a few weeks ago."

My heart felt like breaking at his words and I mumbled. "It's the thought of her as a mother, right?"

He went silent and nodded.

"I.." His voice was raspy.

Oh god, I didn't meant to make him cry.

"I just miss how we used to be. I want my Catherine back." The last sentence was barely a whisper and he closed his eyes, visibly trying not to cry.

"I hate this Y/N."

"I know."

"I hate how broken I am."

"I know."

I mumbled and hesitantly reached out to touch his hand a bit clumsy.

"It's okay. Really, it's okay to be a bit broken Tae."

We all are

He didn't reply, and I highly doubt he could have.

We just stood there, watching the old attractions sparkling in the bright summer sun and I felt Tae calming down besides me when he laid an arm around my shoulder.

"I liked how we were yesterday evening."

"I liked it too." I mumbled and he laughed quietly.

"Should we go back?"

"We better do, before anyone catches us here."

"Let's go then."

I of course caught the way he always was hesitating to take my hand until I did so.

I also caught the sad look he had on his face before leaving  the park eventually.

___

Do you have any questions for any character in this story?

xx

xx