☠1.16☠

Edward-Scissor-Hands stands at the edge of the cliff, Bella Swan-Dive at his side. They watch the trees and clearing below, scanning every inch for inhuman movement. Asia appears behind them, somehow not making any noise. She grabs Bella by the arms and pretends to shove her over the edge.

"Jesus Christ!" Edward spins on his heel and glares heatedly over at the most powerful being present.

Asia chuckles, "Not quite the sacrificial lamb but close enough." Niklaus who has also just appeared laughs at her blatant shot at her brother. Bella glares at her supposed friend and slips past them towards the tents.

"The battle is just about to begin. Niklaus, you stay with the girls. I'll head down and join the fight." Nik goes to protest at being ordered around by a Cold One vampire but doesn't as the disco ball has already disappeared.

"Guess your stuck babysitting, huh?" Niklaus wraps an arm around his favourite sister in law without being an in law and smiles.

"Wouldn't have it any other way, love. Your friend, however, may be a problem." They laugh, the duo approaches Bella and Jacob who stand together. Bella has her arms crossed over her chest and is trying to warm herself by shifting her weight constantly.

Lucifer's steps falter when she hears a snap far in the woods. It sounds like a tree falling in the woods. But not naturally like it should be.

Just then Kol steps out of the tree line and flashes to Asia and Niklaus. He removes his brother's arm and replaces it with his own.

She doesn't acknowledge him but keeps staring into the woods instead.

"Asia, love? Are you alright?" In an instant, the Devil shoves Kol out of the way and steps in his place. A wooden stake soars through the air and finds a target right in Lucifer's abdomen. She gasps and falls to her knees.

Jacob wraps his arms around Bella and pulls her to the ground.

"Get Bella to safety!" There's a split second where no one moves or breathes. Kol stares at his mate with wide eyes. The stake thrown at her is white; White oak.

How the Newborns managed to get a white oak stake, they don't know, but none of the present vampires can remove it without possibly dying themselves. Asia's hand wraps tightly around the stake and pulls.

With a cry of pain, the wood slips free. Isabella is taken away from the action as two Newborn vampires and Victoria come flying into the hidden clearing from the trees.

Niklaus growls and flashes yellow eyes with black veins at the new vampires. They falter in their advances for a single second before shaking away their fear. They all lunge at each other, teeth bared and arms outstretched.

Kol lifts Lucifer into his arms and carries her away. Her wound gradually begins to close. She's starting to think that Forks is the reason she can be hurt. This is the second time since she's been here where she's bled.

"Don't move, love." Kol rushes towards the battle as Asia grunts and sits up. Her back hits the rough bark behind her, and she takes a deep breath. Dear God! Why does she do this shit to herself? Maybe it would have been better had she just stayed in L.A. It's not like Beacon Hills, although closer to home was any better for her health.

There's a moment of calm, the birds sing in the trees, disregarding the battle happening not 100 feet away. But this is quickly shattered when a Newborn Vampire smells the intoxicating scent of Devil's blood.

Dark eyes stare Asia down through the trees, and the Devil simply rolls her eyes. She shakily stands before hiding her weakness with a smirk.

"Let's have some fun."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice stands still on the battlefield, eyes glazed over when suddenly she jerks her body to the left and stretches out her arm. The approaching vampire growls as she latches onto his jacket. She throws him to the side where he is caught and torn apart by Emmet and Jasper.

Carlisle and Esme both advance on a young girl, she shakes in fear and begs not to be killed. The two elder disco balls stop and look at each other.

Elijah has ditched his suit jacket and is now fighting full force, fangs bared and all. Rebekah charges alongside him. They spot two teenage boys approaching Carlisle and Esme from behind; they are dealt with quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer smirks at the headless, armless and legless body beneath her feet. She's been standing on his chest for the past ten minutes trying to boost her short frame to see through the branches, She's too lazy to walk over to the battle anyway.

"Sorry about your head, love." The pile, of what looks like crystal, three feet away quivers. He is technically still alive. Just unable to talk, heal himself, fight etc.

Asia jumps off his torso and struts her way back into the clearing, only in time to see Victoria's head get thrown into a flame. But what no one sees is the vampire headed for Leah.

With a grumble, Asia reaches out and catches the maniac by the throat. He chokes and attempts to claw at her face. She, in reply, grabs his hair and pulls his head backwards. In a quick snap, the head of the vampire is torn off.

She throws it into the fire and smiles, "Is it just me, or was this really fun?" Bella looks over and glares.

"No Lucifer, this was not fun!"

There is silence for a moment before the Devil speaks, "Using my first name now are we? That's very brave of your Isabella." The two girls glare at each other before Edward snatches the pale-faced human up into his arms and drags her to the more extensive clearing down below.

Kol lets out a laugh, "Brave indeed."

"That little mortal better watch her back, because if she keeps this up, I won't be watching it for her anymore."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer pays little attention to the conversation between the Volturi and the Cullen clan from her spot in the trees. The Original siblings stand at her sides, looking bored.

The Volturi leaves after the newborn that they had planned to harbour was slaughtered before their eyes. Lucifer smirks, completely ignoring a fuming Bella and steps out of the trees, her mate hot on her tail.

"The plane has been fueled, I'll see you all in L.A."

BONUS:

A figure sits just beyond the treeline of the McCall house. Purple bruises that fade into yellow, discolour his caramel skin. HIs eyes are a bloodshot brown that stares down everything that moves.

Four long and deep claw marks bleed onto the dirt below as he nurses his fresh wounds. One hellhound had managed to corner him in his haste to get away. He lost sight of the other.

He tentatively steps forward, but his worn out boots catch a twig. Sending a snap echoing through the vast and dark forest. All chatter in the household stops and four pairs of glowing eyes, all different in colour, appear at the window.

They see the figure smirk for a moment before sinking into the darkness of the woods once again.

Scott, Derek, Liam, and Malia all look to each other with wide eyes.

Mikael has entered Beacon Hills.