seven

david woke up to natalie shaking him lightly.

"hey, i got you guys food. i'm heading out to the gym and i'll be back in a little bit." she whispered softly to the boy.

he simply just nodded his head in return not daring to open his eyes, he was still quite tired so he planned on resting a little longer.

he shifted his head so it was on el's chest and this resulted in her hand moving towards it. this caused natalie to sneak a picture of them because she thought this was gonna be the first of many times they would do this.

neither el or david thought anything of this gesture and just continued to go back in their state of slumber.

the fact that el's hand was playing with his hair made him even more sleepy. he wished moments like these lasted forever.

if it was up to david, he would just be with her 24/7. he wanted nothing more than to just be with her every second of everyday. he was infatuated with his new friend.

he couldn't pin point it but he was completely whipped for the girl already. sure, they've only know each other for about two weeks but that didn't stop him from questioning his feelings.

ellie did the same. she had no clue what she actually felt for the boy but fake dating someone without "falling" for them is harder than anticipated.

she knew they wouldn't actually date because let's face it, things are happening faster than expected.

her and david were close and knew each other already so well to the point that sometimes they speak at the same time while saying the same things. it's very odd.

david couldn't help but smile every time el walked into a room either. her presence just made him ten times more happier than anyone ever has.

it obviously didn't go unnoticed by anyone who has seen them together. remmy even decided to go home after her encounter with the dark haired boy.

she didn't leave because she was jealous, she left because she knew that being there would interfere with her new bond and she didn't want that. she really wanted david and ellie to be together.

ellie at first hated the idea of remmy going back to her hometown because she missed the girl but they weren't together anyways so she understood.

david was there when remmy left because she was upset. he knew she was knowing the same feeling after someone leaving.

"i know it hurts but she'll be back. she didn't mean to hurt you." david smiled and held her as they laid on ellie's bed.

he knew why remmy left, she told him because she can't lie. she's too much of an honest person.

he remembered her words whispered into his ear.

"don't fuck it up with ellie or we're gonna have issues." and that's what stuck in his head and it never left.

"i know, i just missed her and she's already gone. facetime is never enough it feels like." the smaller girl to him cried.

he felt so bad when he looked at the hopeless girl crying. all he wanted to do was take her pain away.

david thought about this memory before ellie started to wake up again.

she yawned and stretched her arms resulting david to slightly move his head the opposite direction of where he was looking so he could look at her.

"well good morning sleepyhead" and ellie rolled her eyes.

"well well well look who's grumpy pants now" david smirked. this caused ellie to forcefully push him off the bed.

"say something like that again and it'll be you off the cliff next time" david laughed.

he was happy for the first time in awhile and it was all thanks to ellie.

KAYLA SPEAKS !
hi this is just a filler because i literally forgot to mention remmy in like 3 chapters and i felt bad so i thought i would write this in. i feel bad because i hate writing fillers and this is ugly but i hope you enjoyed nonetheless !

love, kayla <3