ten

just like ellie told dakota and remmy, david was there to pick her up for ice cream.

in the end ellie would regret her aching stomach but it was just an excuse to be with the brunette.

she felt at home; meaning she felt secure with him. she didn't feel that way with anyone else.

ellie didn't believe in soulmates but that's what everything was pointing to.

she opened the door after she jumped out of her thoughts.

"hey dobrik" she smirked.

"why hello parks" he said with the same smile. he was currently holding his camera.

"get on the floor and put this on" he said handing out a blindfold.

"no, you fuck get out of my apartment" she said smiling while closing the door.

"look el i promise it won't hurt you" he said with pleading eyes.

"right, scorpions have NEVER killed anyone right david? ooo what about snakes, they're SO friendly" she said while letting him in.

after a bunch of begging she couldn't say no to david.

"fine, but even if i hate you after this we're going to get ice cream" she spoke.

he laughed with his tongue poking out of his teeth. ellie's heartbeat sped up just by looking at it.

she put the blindfold on and laid in front of her couch. she heard ruckus from the hallway and it made her palms start to sweat.

she heard david enter and that caused her to start sweating every where.

"okay i'm gonna put it on you in 3..2..1" and david put it on her.

she let it crawl around on her having no reaction because she was too scared.

"el are you dead?" he said, poking her with her foot.

she giggled because it tickled.

"no i'm too scared to talk please let me take off my blindfold" she said whimpering, she was terrified.

"el its okay just touch it" he pleaded and she complied.

she got really excited because it was soft and it kept licking and biting her.

"OH MY GOD DAVE IS IT A PUPPY" she screamed and took off her blindfold.

there it was in all its glory was not a puppy, but instead a big cuddly baby grizzly bear.

she was still very excited and kept touching it.

she muttered "awh"s and "it's so cute".

"i would've liked a puppy though" she said looking up at david with a sad smile.

"awh come on, isn't he cute" he said and pet it's head.

"the cutest" she said admiring david.

they did the outro for his video and had to give the cub back to the cubs owner.

"i hope i see you soon" she said as she waved goodbye to it.

"he was cute, i hope my children are as cute as him" the stout girl said randomly as they were walking to david's tesla.

"are you saying you want your kids to look like a bear?" he laughed.

"i mean i wouldn't mind, i would love them even if they wanted to look like oscar the grouch." she spoke and smiled.

"awh how sweet" he said while pinching her cheeks in a mocking tone.

they got into the car and drove to the nearest mcdonald's since that's where david's favorite ice cream is.

the got their ice cream and was just sitting in the parking lot.

"hey ellie?" she nodded while looking at her phone.

"yeah dave?" she replied.

"now that we're best friends we can tell each other everything, right? and ask for advice and stuff?" he looked at her.

"yeah of course, what's up?" she asked looking away from her phone.

"well, there's this girl" he started. she felt a pang in her chest when he mentioned it. she knew it wasn't her.

"and i'm really scared if i do something wrong i'll mess it up and i really like her. and i don't mean in like a friend way. we haven't known each other for that long but i just feel like i need to be with her constantly and stuff. i don't know it's really weird" he spoke.

she was just sitting there bewildered.

"well-uh i think that no matter what you do the girl won't ever leave you. and if she does she isn't the one for you. you're a great guy dave, anyone is lucky to have you in their life." she smiled.

david looked at her and nodded. he wanted to tell her that the girl was her but he thought it was too soon and he was making a mistake.

KAYLA SPEAKS !
sorry for not updating in like FOREVER but here is this chapter, i thought it would be cute 🥺✊ but anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5K THIS BOOK IS GROWING SO FAST LIKE WHAT???? okay i hope you have a good night/morning/afternoon !

love, kayla <3