eighteen

david and ellie didn't do anything but sit there for awhile. they sat there just enjoying each other's presence.

it was silent until david decided to say something.

"not being able to talk to you hurt worse than when me and liza broke up" he said, shifting his body towards her, propping up his elbow in the process.

she did the same so she could see his face. she took in his features, drowning in the brown orbs.

when ellie didn't respond david continued.

"it hurt so bad that i didn't pick up my vlog camera once," he was interrupted by ellie's laugh which made him smile.

"it killed me. i like you so much ellie it hurts" he stopped to grab her and pull her into a hug like the many times they did before.

"when i saw you by my door i almost yelled, screamed to be in fact. i don't understand why i'm not yelling at you now, i just don't have the heart to. i'm still upset that you even thought about kelsey though" the girl spoke.

he understood where she was coming from but didn't say anything since she wasn't done talking.

"i missed you like crazy too, if that says anything" she said looking up to him and smiling.

"i never knew that i could be out of contact with everyone for a week, that blowed my mind" she said, leaning into his chest to breathe in his scent.

she let out a sigh of content.

"i'm surprised remmy didn't fucking kill me in the car. she looked like she was about to run over a puppy" he said, she laughed at his terminology.

"yeah, she's very protective over me. i can assure you i wouldn't let her do that and i'm sure dakota wouldn't either." she said, now playing with his hoodie strings.

"i'm so sorry, el. i wish i could take it all back so we wouldn't be here but at my house watching friends" he spoke.

"i can turn that on and get one of them to get ice cream. my parents also won't be home til-"

"six, yeah i know. i got their number before flying in because i wanted them to know there was a complete stranger coming into their home" he said, looking up at the dots on her ceiling.

she laughed lightly before getting up to turn on her tv.

she threw the remote at david and walked out her door to only be met with dakota and remmy getting wacked in the face with the door.

she shut the door quickly before yelling at them.

she went to open her mouth but remmy beat her to it.

"before you yell, we were just gonna ask if you wanted anything from the store but then we heard talking" remmy said.

her eyes averted to her brother. his eyes slightly downward but an amused look on his face.

"so what type of ice cream do you want?" he said.

ellie smiled and just wacked them both on the head.

their hands immediately went up to the spot she hit ever so hardly.

"i want cookie dough and dave wants birthday cake, but make sure it's the blue one because that's his favorite" she said.

they both emitted a look that said 'you totally love him' and she just backed away without saying anything because she hated confrontation.

"i don't want any nieces or nep-" dakota started but was interrupted by his sister.

"shut up before i tell mom and dad that you have a crush on someone!" she threatened and she heard the front door slam shut.

"you guys are what i wish my siblings and i acted like" david said while holding his arms out for ellie to but engulfed in.

"well we are close in age so it helps. plus we've been close since we were very young because i hated barbie dolls and he had monster trucks so we would play together." she rambled while snatching the remote to hit the play button.

KAYLA SPEAKS !
hi guys!! sorry i haven't updated but high school is honestly so fun i'm in awe. i only really hate my last hour so that's good :) but i hope you guys are enjoying school if you started!! anyways, i'll try to upload consistently so you guys don't have to wait that long cause i know what that's like! i hope you have a good night/day/afternoon !

love, kayla <3

p.s: i'm sorry this sucks i promise it'll get better once they're back in la 🥺