Chapter 1: Reunion

APOV

I smiled wistfully at the picture of my friends and I. I let my mind wander as I traced Emily's face, what if I hadn't been so rude after she proclaimed her love for me? If only I'd been able to tell her that they weren't one sided. I felt the tear roll down my face as the bus started moving. Taking me farther from Pennsylvania. Farther from Emily. I looked out the window, wondering why I felt these things. Why I, Alison DiLaurentis, was in love with Emily Fields. Loveable, sweet, adorable Emily. I swallowed hard, even if Emily was happy I was alive, she would never forgive me. She probably hates me, after what I did to her, I hate myself too. I shook my head, I can't go back. Even though I kept repeating that in my head, I still stood up when the bus stopped. I still shakily put ine foot in front of the other and walked off the bus. I still began walking towards Rosewood, to Emily.

EPOV

Spencer sat on my bed, her brow furrowed in thought. She was trying to decode the latest A message. I got up and walked to the window, I don't know what I was hoping to see.

"Do you think Ali is okay?" I asked quietly. Spencer looked up.

"Im sure she has other sources for money. If there was one thing Ali always had, it was connections." Spencer said. I know what she said was true, but I don't want to believe it.

"What if we were her last one?" I asked.

"Her last resort?" Spencer snorted.

"Spencer..." I whispered. Spencer gaze softened.

"Look Em, we know you love... or loved... But either way, she was your first love and we understand. But she always had an agenda with our secrets, and some hostility is deserved." Spencer said. I nodded. She was right, she held our secrets over our heads like dog treats. I shut my eyes, lost in thought.

"You're right." I whispered.

"I know." Spencer said. "And late. Toby's going to kill me." Spencer said getting up.

"Have fun." I said with a smile. Spencer smiled as she left. When she was gone, my smile evaporated. I walked slowly over to my bookshelf. My gut told me Ali would never come back, but my heart told me otherwise. I frowned as I pulled out the the thick book I was looking for. Great Expectations. I flipped open to the doggy eared page and traced the words.

"I loved her against reason, against promise... against peace, against hope, against happiness... against all discouragement that could be."

I shut the book and held it close to my heart. I slowly walked over to my bed and sat. Ali! I willed her to come. I shut my eyes tight as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Emily?" A very familiar voice whispered. I looked up and gasped.

"Ali?" I asked quietly. She nodded, a tear trailing down her face.