The Kiss

"Because I'm in love with you..." She said her voice shaking. I froze, all this time I thought my feelings were one sided, that she didn't love me. And now that I know the truth... I don't know what to say. I obviously love her, but after everything that's happened isn't it dangerous? What happens if A tries to hurt her through me or vice versa? Do I want to give her a weakness? What if I tell her that I love her back, but she changes her mind? "I know it might be a lot to understand, especially how I treated you. And I know you've moved on... But of there is any chance...  I love you Emily and it looks like you changed your mind... I'll be in Rosewood till the morning..." Ali said before turning to leave. She turned slightly before walking out of the door. "I'm so sorry, Em." She said. I couldn't think, and frankly I didn't want to. I ran up and wrapped my arms around her.

"Please don't leave.." I whispered. I felt wet on the top of my head and looked up to see her crying.

"I won't." She said through the tears. I reached up and held her head in my hands.

"We won't let you get hurt." I said before leaning up and kissing her. It was as if fireworks exploded in my stomach as Ali wrapped her arms around my torso. And just like that, everything was good.

-------------------------

I rolled over in bed, fighting a smile as I saw Ali there, looking all peaceful and asleep. I sighed burrowing myself further into the blankets as someone knocked on my door.

"Yes?" I called out as Ali's eyes popped open. I looked at her and then back at the door in alarm. I quickly pushed her off the bed and sat up.

"Emily?" Aria asked. "I just came to check up on you. I know it must be hard, thinking of Ali all alone and out of money. But Ali must have other sources." She said. I scoffed.

"Spencer said the same thing." I said. Aria frowned.

"It is true.. But anyway back to the real reason I'm here. A threatened Spencer." Aria said urgently.

"What? How?!" I exclaimed. Aria shook her head.

"She said if she didn't do what A wanted, then something horrible would happen to Toby." Aria said. I looked down. Toby... He was so nice and genuine. He didn't deserve to be in situations like this.  I shook my head.

"That's not right. We need to end this. Now not just for our sakes. They're threatening our friends. Our lovers." I said jumping up. Aria nodded.

"But its out of our hands. Unless you want to spill every secret we've ever told. Starting with the Jenna thing." Aria said. I shook my head.

"There has to be some other way." I said.

"There isn't." She said quietly. "I have to go to Hanna's but you van come." She said. I shook my head.

"You go. I'll catch up later." I said. She smiled reassuringly as she left.

I groaned and fell back into my bed. Ali got up and sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly. I shook my head.

"No." I whispered.

"Oh." She said before lying next to me. "It'll be okay." She whispered.