I'm in Love with you

Ali stood in my doorway, her expression half sad and half scared. I looked at her in surprise.

"I know you have every right to hate me, but I just wanted to let you know that it took everything inside of me, every ounce of will I have, to stay away. I just couldn't stand being away from you." She said not bothering to wipe her tears.

"I... Ali..." I tried to speak but no words came to mind.

"Oh god. You don't want me here." She whispered. "I'll leave." She said before turning to leave. I jumped up and grabbed her hand.

"Please don't leave..." I whispered. She smiled, using her free hand to wipe the tears.

"You don't know how hard it was to stay away." She said with a small smile.

      •~°~°~•

I sat down on the bed and motioned for Ali to do the same.

"I know you were running away from something, someone. Does that mean it's safe? Are you staying?" I asked. Ali looked down.

"I can't stay. It it dangerous. Very. Someone tried to kill me and I don't even know why I came here." Ali said, getting up and staring at the window. I got up and grabbed her hand.

"You came because being alone isn't easy. You came because you have friends, people who care very deeply for you here. And you have me. A forever friend." I said, squeezing her hand. She looked up at me, her eyes glistening. I smiled at her and then walked back to my bed.

"Emily..." Ali said walking over to me.

"Yeah?" I replied, sitting down.

"There's something you should know." Ali said quietly.

"Should I call the girls here?" I asked.

"No." Ali said shaking her head. "They can't know I'm here." She said. I nodded solemnly.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked. She looked at me playing with a string on her jacket.

"Emily, I came back to town because... Because I'm in love with you." Ali said with a tremor in her voice.