Best Friends or I Love You

"Uh." I don't know what to say.

"Whatever. Let's get back to this." He says, turning his attention to the laptop.

-

"What picture now? This one or that one? Or maybe this one. Oh lord. What song?" I panic.

"Megs! Calm down." He rubs my back.

"I just feel horrible 'cause I totally forgot that our one year is tomorrow." I sigh.

"Don't. You're under a lot of stress right now. I mean if it were us, I wouldn't expect you to remember after all you've been through within these past few months." He says. I know exactly what he's trying to do.

I remember when I first met these boys, Harry and I were best friends. Like when I first saw Dani with Liam at the station, Harry ran up and hugged me, spinning me around. That same day, Dani said he wouldn't stop talking about me and he blushed. Maybe he liked me then. I clearly remember the first time I met him. He told me I should be a comedian. But now, we aren't as close. We're never together anymore and I barely see him. I kinda feel like he's forgotten about me unless I'm right there. Then he as the urge to kiss me. But we're not the best friends that would run up and have a dramatic hug anymore. Sometimes I just want to cry because I feel like I'm losing my best friends. Like Delaney, I never see her anymore. Lou and I don't talk as much. I talk to Niall more than any of them. But that's because we still have our food buddy agreement on and we share food. But I just-I don't know. I feel like we're drifting.

"Hey Harry, am I still funny enough to be a comedian?" I ask.

"What?" He asks, smiling.

"Remember in Starbucks. You told me I should be a comedian. Am I still funny enough?" I ask.

"Nope." He states, looking back at the computer and pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

"What?" My voice cracks. My humor is all I have going for me. Without that, I'm nothing.

"I'm just kidding. You're even funnier than that day we met. That's like asking if my name is still Karen." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Of course. Karen Shwenzer." I smile.

"When can I get another Mango and Passion fruit Ice Blend?" He asks.

"When you get a job at Starbucks and make it yourself." I laugh.

"You're not nice." He pouts.

"I never said I was. I may not be nice. But I'm funny. It's good enough." I say in a matter of fact tone.

"Let's get to work so we're not up all night." He chuckles.

-

"Finally!" I groan, falling back on the bed. We finally finished the project after hours and hours of nonstop working.

"Alright. You get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow." He says, kissing my forehead. I sigh, too tired to start an argument about us just being friends.

"Could you send Perrie in?" I ask once he gets to the door. He nods and walks out, shutting the door. A few moments later, Perrie comes bursting into the door.

"Explain." She crosses her arms, sitting on the bed.

"Well, you see. He kissed me." I say, trying to make it sound like it's long story.

"And why?" She asks, wanting a better explanation.

"I dunno. 'Cause he likes me? Well, no, actually he loves me." I say, remembering his words.

"You do remember your one year with Liam is tomorrow. Right?" She says, looking at me intensely.

"Yes. I remember. And I love him. Don't worry. But-" I start, remembering what happened on the plane.

"What?" She asks, cautiously.

"Okay. Well, let me start from the beginning. When I met the boys. I met Harry first. I worked at Starbucks at the time and he came in and that's when we met. Well, after that, I met Liam and yea, we all became friends. Well, Harry and I were best friends. When they left for a couple shows up north, I met them at the station to say bye. Harry gave me a big hug and when they came back, the firsts one I saw was Harry and he gave me a huge, dramatic hug. Like spinning me around and everything. We were the best friends that looked like we were dating. Well, that's when Dani and Liam were dating. And yea, that all happened. Well, as you know, after that I disappeared. Well, one day I slipped up and Harry found me in the middle of a crowd. He talked to me and then he kissed me out of nowhere. That's when I told him that I loved Liam. But we weren't together. Hell, he didn't even know I was alive. Well, that was the last time that happened until the plane ride." I explain.

"What the hell happened on the plane?" She exclaims.

"Well, I went to the bathroom. Then the door opened. I thought it was Liam. He started kissing me and things got kinda-heated. He lifted me onto the sink and yea. Well when he walked out, I saw that it was Harry and-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Please don't tell me you guys did anything without you even knowing it was him." She pleas.

"No. No. Don't worry. But, then today he kind of kissed me again and then he told me he loved me. I didn't know what to say and I told him that. He kinda just dropped it and yea. Here we are. But I did notice when I told him about-ya know-the baby, he looked sad. Disappointed almost." I say in realization.

"Maybe he just needs to cool off." She says, relaxing.

"I just feel like I'm just there for him. Like I'm the only girl he sees and he just has the temptation to kiss me. I mean, we're not even as close as we use to be. Hell, we haven't talked in forever before today. But when we do talk, he ends up kissing me." I say.

"I'm sure it's just a guy thing. Us girls will never understand. But I'm sure it'll pass eventually Megs. Just focus on Liam right now. Go watch a film with him or something. It'll get your mind off things. and when tomorrow comes, just have fun with Liam. I'm sure he has something romantic planned for you two." She smiles in a daze.

"Thanks Perrie. You don't know how happy I am to have a girl around finally." I sigh, making her laugh. We walk out and I sit on the couch next to Liam. He smiles and puts his arm around me, letting me lean my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I whisper in his ear, looking back at the tele which has some film on.

"I love you too." He smiles, kissing my forehead. Hopefully Perrie's right and this blows over soon.

--------------------

Hey guys. I don't have much to say except that MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY IS ON THURSDAY!! My dad took me car shopping Sunday and I found one I like and hopefully we get it cause I really really like it. Holy crap.

I'm trying for a follow from one of the boys again for my birthday. So if you guys would, just rt the link in my bio. It's all I ask for my birthday.

Here's my twitter if you don't know already: @MeganNicole8688

Thanks loves!