Mommy, Daughter Day-Sort Of

"C'mon Lis. Ready to go see uncle Stan?" I call out.

"Mommy! Toy!" She cries out. I walk over and grab her favourite stuffed pony from the shelf, handing it to her. She eagergly grabs it, hugging it to her small chest. She hobbles over to the door and I grab my keys along with my purse. I grab her hand and walk to the car, strapping her into her car seat. I get in and drive over to Stan's.

"Uncky!" She runs up and jumps on Stan.

"How's my favorite little niece?" He picks her up with one arm.

"I should be back around 5. Be good Kallista." I point accusingly, knowing how mischeivious she can be.

"Ah heck, don't worry. We're going to have fun. Right Lis?" He tickles her.

"Yah." She smiles, giggling.

"I'll be back in a bit. Love you." I kiss her forehead. She turns and kisses my cheek. I smile and walk away, still holding her hand.

"I love you." I say once more before getting in the car and driving off.

-

"Sir. Put your hands on the roof of the car and spread your legs." I demand. He obligues and I pat him down, wrapping the metal cuffs around his wrists. I place him in the back of my car and drive off. When we get to the station I turn him over to Rodriguez for booking.

"Alright. I'm out. Peace dudes!" I yell through the station. Everyone hollers back and I make my way to Stan's

"Hey love. Ready to go?" I ask Kallista, thanking Stan once again.

"No problem lil sis." He smiles. I walk with Kallista to the car and strap her in.

"Bye Stan. Love you." I wave.

"Love you too. See ya." He shoves his hands in his pockets and swiftly turns on his heels, walking back inside his flat.

"How about we get some Nandos and ice cream then go to the park?" I glance at her through the rearview mirror.

"Yah!" She cheers, kicking her legs in joy. I laugh and head to Nandos. I get her an 18 piece chicken nugget and I get my regular meal.

"So what did you and uncle Stan do today?" I ask, taking a bite of chicken.

"We played barbie. Uncky let me dress up." She giggles. I laugh and picture Stan playing barbie with little Lis.

"Sounds like you had fun." I smile.

"Yah. Uncky Stan is cool." She says, her voice deeper, making me laugh.

"Yea. He's cool." I repeat quietly. My phone starts ringing and I see Liam's name on the screen.

"Hey babe." I smile.

"Hey. Where are you?" He asks.

"I took Kallista out for Nandos and ice cream. We're about to go to the park. Care to join?" I ask, glancing at Lis finishing her nuggets. I will tell you, this girl has my appetite.

"Yea. I'll meet you two there in a bit." He says. I can tell he's smiling.

"See you there." I smile, paying for the food and hanging up.

"Daddy's gonna meet us at the park." I tell her and she squeals, her eyes glistening with joy. I love to see her happy like this. She's never sad unless she doesn't get something. She's just so bubbly. I can't help but smile when she's happy. She just gives off that happy-go-lucky vibe.

"Ready for ice cream?" I smile down at her. She jumps around like a little kid. Mostly because she is a little kid. But still.

I take her to the small ice cream shop and she gets a soft serve with sprinkles and fudge. I get a banana split and we head for the park.

"What do you wanna do tomorrow squirt?" I ask, walking to the lake. I ruffle her hair and she laughs.

"I dunno." She shrugs. We sit on the bench, her swinging her short legs above the ground. Maybe she'll be tall like Liam and not short like me. Hopefully.

"Mommy. Who's that?" She asks, pointing at the man walking down the path towards us. He starts to slow down as he gets to us.

"I don't know. Maybe daddy." I say but something in my gut tells me it's not. Especially when his face comes in clear view. My heart drops and I grab Lis, hiding her behind me.

"Hello Megan. Long time no see. What a beautiful child. Are you sure it's Liam's?" He smirks.

"Mommy. Who is it?" She asks, her voice trembling slightly.

--------------------

Guys. There's only 2 chapters left ಥ_ಥ

I don't know what to do with myself.....

What happens when it's all over? What do I do? Just leave it alone and never come back to this poor story? I mean, c'mon....

Well for now, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Who do you guys think it is? someone good? Bad?

Leave your comments below! Don't forget to vote either!

I love reading your comments. It brings me so much happiness. It makes me feel good about myself that people actually look at this book and think, hey, I should give it a shot. And then you leave amazing comments about it. Thank you :)

Enjoy :D

Meg xx