Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Astraphobia?

As I got home, I quickly researched for that word and got the definition and symptoms. It is the fear of thunder and lightnings. So, the way the transferee behaved like that because he knew it already that a thunderstorm will hit this day, he wanted to go home early because of that. This kid.. He should have told us. I really felt nervous when I saw him acting weirdly specially at the bus.

On my way to class. Someone suddenly pulled me inside the music room. "Oh! Transferee?!" I said in a loud volume of voice.

He glared and says, "About yesterday.. Can you keep it as a secret?"

"No." I laughed at his expression, he seems annoyed.

"I really hate you."

"Okay, I'll tell everyone." I was going out of the room but he pulled me again, "What?!"

"Don't tell them!"

"Yeah, yeah.. I won't, okay?!" I shouted.

He sighed heavily, "Oka--" the door suddenly opened, It was Jin. "Ah, Hi Jin!" The transferee greeted him politely. Why can't he do that to me?

"Hey, Jin." I also greeted.

His eyebrows crooked and he asks, "What are you guys doing here, alone?"

"Nothing!" We replied in unison and looked at each other. The transferee added that, "He just wanted to hear me singing."

"I don't even like your voice!" I yelled.

Jin laughed and patted the transferee's head, "I see."

"I told you, I am not!!" I disagreed.

I was walking around the field of the school alone, then three students approached and and said, "V! You let Jeon Jungkook stay in our school?"

I nodded.

"Why?!" He shouted, "He's getting close to Jin and Jimin, you're letting go of that?"

"Why not?" I asked.

The other student replied, "He's getting popular because he's flirting with Jin."

Another student added that, "I think they're in a-- a relationship or something?"

I shrugged and shook my head, "No. They're not close."

"They are! I saw Jin and Jungkook together on Jin's birthday."

Huh?

How? I asked myself. I was with Jin on the day of his birthday.

I don't believe them, they better show me a picture to prove it is true. "Give me a proof, next time."

"Yeah, V. We will!" They said, "See you around!"

This coming friday, the singing contest will be held. So, the three were busy during breaks to practice their song. Even dismissal time, they take one hour of practicing at the music room before going home so me and Hope were the only ones going home earlier. We don't belong to the singing group after all.

If I see the transferee with Jin, his smile is different. The way he looks at me is full of hatefulness while with Jin, his eyes were sparkling with happiness. I can say that he likes being with Jin, which is the total opposite of my personality. When the guys practices, me and Hope are watching for a few, I observed that the transferee and Jin are stealing glances at each one's while singing their song. Eww.

And the day finally came, Friday. The day of the singing contest. Three in the afternoon, classes were cut so that the students can all watch the contest. Me and Hope were seated at the second row behind the judges.