Chapter 6

"No homework! You may now leave." said Professor Vacanti, her Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. His bright, greenish, blue eyes gleamed at the students as they walked out happily. Hermione hopped out of the room, relieved that all her classes were finally over, and charged to the Common Room. She felt adventurous, and in need of finding Harry and Ron, who she still hasn't seen. When she arrived at the Common Room, she sat down on one of the red, smooth couches around the fire, contemplating where they could be. That's when it hit her.

Hagrid! Hermione quickly shoved all her books in her room and fled, rushing towards the small, circular hut nearby the Forbidden Forest. As she took a step outside of the castle, a orange-haired girl called out for her hurriedly. She spun around, facing Ginny in surprise.

"Where are you going?" said Ginny, huffing out puffs of breaths. Her chest rose and fell back down heavily, and she held onto her sides forcefully.

"Hagrid, why?" said Hermione, wrapping her arms around her body as a cold chill swept by. The sun was shining, but the wind was blowing through the air brutally, the girls' hair furiously wiping around.

"Are you crazy? There's a Quidditch game going on, the first of the year. How could you miss that?" said Ginny, now engulfing herself in a hug as well as the wind continued to bellow viciously. Hermione walked over to Ginny, placing her arm around her shoulders while standing beside her and walking into the castle side by side. When they got in, warmth spread across them instantaneously, a broad smile looming on Ginny and Hermione. She glanced at Ginny as they walked back to the Common Room to put on some heavier coats and grab some gloves.

"Who's playing?" questioned Hermione as Ginny told the Fat Lady the password, the two girls entering the Common Room. Ginny was silent for a few moments as they walked in, continuing the shudder from outside. Both of their faces were nearly pale, and they scurried to get some warmer clothes on before Ginny said, "Gryffindor vs. Slytherin." Mortification spread over Hermione, realization hitting her like a load of bricks, a huge weight being lifted off her chest with ease. Humiliation soon took over, and she rubbed her forehead disbelievingly.

"So Harry and Ron have been practicing all day for the game?" said Hermione, wanting to make sure she was correct. Ginny nodded, pulling on her left glove, and next her right as well as Hermione. Her fingers no longer felt like ice, and more like the fiery of fire that blazed out of the fireplace in the room. She was relieved, but also taken back. As much as she was glad they were safe, she felt like they should of told her that they weren't going to be there all day.

"Harry is the captain, so he makes all the calls. As much as Ron didn't want to practice, Harry made sure the entire team did. Jeez, was it annoying to hear him complain all night." said Ginny, pulling her coat fully onto her. Hermione nodded her head, upset that they told Ginny but not her. She shook it off, the two girls walking down the corridors. As they strode down, Abbie caught up with them, wearing an enormous pink coat, in a storm of words.

"Oh em gee! I can't wait to see my Ronnie beat the Slytherins! It's going to be amazing, just imagine--" said Abbie, getting caught off by Ginny, to Hermione's relief, who spoke, "We understand. Wait, who's that?" In the corner of Hermione's eye, she caught the sight of Cristi reading in the library, looking more bored than Hermione was during classes all day. Her hair was swayed behind her back, her cheek on her hand, while her elbow rested on the table, the book held in her other hand sluggishly.

"Cristi!" cried Hermione, who ran into the library towards the girl. She glanced up, happy to see her. Cristi placed the book down on the table, getting up and pulling her hair forward. She grinned, waving at Ginny and Abbie who trailed behind. Madam Pince shushed Hermione, but she was too caught up in talking to Cristi to care.

"Would you like to come and watch the Quidditch game with us?" offered Hermione generously.