Chapter 14

"You have to write a two-paragraph essay for homework! Goodbye, now!" Professor Darwin called out to his students as they walked out of Transfiguration class. Hermione gathered her books and quills, walking out of the room behind everyone else. She continued down to her next class and noticed Abbie, leaning against one of the walls alone, holding her items close to her. She looked upset, and lonely. Hermione was tempted to go talk to her, but refrained from doing so. Instead she kept walking, not glancing back. Before she reached her next class, Malfoy popped out in front of her grinning. She quickly stopped, almost running into him. He leaned on the side of the wall, crossing his arms with a clear smirk on his face.

"Yes?" said Hermione, wanting to get to class and not waste another minute.

"How's it going?" he asked, and she rolled her eyes. She pursed her lips together, squeezing her books tighter against her chest and tapping her foot on the floor hurriedly. Other students walked past them, some bumping into Hermione, causing her to become a little angry.

"Get to the point, Malfoy." she sighed.

"Meet me at the library at the end of the day, okay? We need to start brainstorming ideas." he demanded in a whisper. Hermione nodded her head, watching him walk off. Before he was too far she said, "I bet this past week has been the most time you've ever been in the library." Malfoy simply glared at her, rolling his eyes. Hermione let out a small giggle, but quickly covered it up. She turned back around and walked to her next class.

~*~

The end of the day was near, and Hermione only had a few more classes left. She was drained and really wanted to take a nap. She yawned, walking to her next class. Before she got there, Abbie came trotting into view, nearly getting in Hermione's face. She backed away, glaring coldly at the blonde-haired girl.

"Is there something you need?" Hermione asked. Abbie flipped her hair backwards, squinting her eyes at Hermione. She placed her hands on her hips, getting in a bratty pose. Hermione scoffed, ready to just walk away and not say anything at all.

"Why do you like to ruin people's lives?" She yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Hermione questioned, narrowing her eyes on Abbie intensely.

"You know what. Don't play dumb with me." Abbie sneered. Hermione got angry, and wasn't in the mood to talk to her. Abbie was being inconsiderate and very rude. She didn't even bother to ask Hermione about the situation, she just assumed everything was her fault.

"You have no idea, do you?" Hermione replied. Abbie rolled her eyes, and was about to speak when Hermione said, "Obviously you don't."

"Please. Do you think I'm that stupid?" she smirked.

"Yes. If you could hear yourself, you'd be able to hear how absurd you are." Hermione snapped.

"Well, even if I was an idiot, at least I didn't have to study to become one. Unlike you." Abbie spoke with a grin. She cocked her head sideways, her smirk never fading away. Hermione was tempted to strangle her.

"Do you annoy people as a hobby, or is that just your personality?" she shot back, grasping onto her books tightly.

"Gosh you're so mean!" Abbie exclaimed, and Hermione raised her eyebrows, opening her mouth ajar. She threw her books down on the ground, stomping over to the blonde girl threateningly. Abbie's lip was quivering, and she left her awkward pose. Instead she was now standing up straight, peering into Hermione's dark brown eyes.

"Don't you dare call me names when you didn't even bother to ask what happened. Don't call me 'mean' when you're the one who picked the fight. Don't assume things, because I'm not the reason for you and Ron's break up. You're too stuck up, and oblivious to understand that Ron didn't have feelings for you. I'm sorry that he was trying to get me back, but that's not my fault. So drop it Fisher." Hermione growled. Abbie shoved her away angrily.