Chapter 25

The room looked dusty and disastrous, as seen through the Acerulum Ball. Draco appeared in the corner of the room, peering at Lucius who was busy at his (burnt) desk, rewriting whatever he had written earlier. Hermione was curled up in a ball in the corner of the room, her body trembling and shaking. Draco instantly strode over to her, wrapping his arms around her fragile body. She glanced up only to be shushed by Draco, his finger over her pale lips. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling closer to him. He felt her tears drop onto his neck, but he didn't care.

"Draco," Hermione whispered loud enough only he could hear, "H-he..."

"He what?" Draco asked. Hermione's lip trembled. She lifted up her robe sleeve, revealing purple bruises and scratches. She lifted her robe up to show her stomach, showing more bruises. Draco fought back the tears, wiping hers away and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Everything will be alright," Draco promised, but he was promising it more to himself than to her. She nodded her head weakly, placing her hand on his cheek. He smiled at her before leaning towards her ear and whispering, "We have two choices. The two of us can leave right now, or..." Draco gulped, "We can kill him." Hermione's eyes widened, shaking her head 'no'. He understood, reaching for her hand. He pulled it up to his lips, kissing her hand before pulling the watch up and clicking a few buttons. He was about to click the button to teleport them back when Lucius turned around.

"Draco!" said Lucius, hopping from his desk and walking over towards them. Draco shifted from the floor, standing up. Hermione glanced at the ground, curling back into a ball.

"We were just leaving," said Draco. Lucius grinned, pacing over to Draco until they were face to face.

"How unfortunate," Lucius fake-frowned, "Perhaps you can extend the visit a bit longer?"

"I could," Draco sneered, "But I won't. Goodbye, father." Lucius pulled out his watch, jabbing a few buttons before slipping his hands back into his pocket. Draco clicked the button, but it didn't work, Lucius smirking evilly.

"C'mon, now. Let's have some tea," Lucius smiled, lifting his wand up and pointing it at Draco. Steam emerged from the end, swirling over to Draco and causing his vision to become blurry. He coughed, falling back into the wall, missing Hermione by a few inches. She gasped, the air infiltrating her lungs before she too passed out. Lucius cleared the smoke, a devilish grin on his face.

~*~

Hermione's eyes opened, the scent of an old gym locker flocking the room. She plugged her nose, taking short breaths from her mouth, not wanting to smell that awful odor. She realized her right hand was handcuffed to a pole in the middle of the room that hadn't been there before. Draco was on the opposite side of her, handcuffed as well. Lucius was no longer in the room, but papers were scattered everywhere - more than before.

"D-draco?" Hermione gasped. Draco groaned, rattling around a little bit before opening his eyes, a gasp emerging from his mouth.

"What the bloody hell?" said Draco.

"What do we do?" Hermione questioned, not moving a muscle. Her body was solid as ice.

"My watch! He took my watch!" Draco shouted, "So much for rescuing you..."

"If we're going to stay here for long, can we get rid of this monstrous smell? I think I'm going to be sick," said Hermione. She used her free hand to search her pocket for her wand, but it had disappeared.

"My wand is gone!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Same with mine," Draco grumbled. Hermione noticed both of their wands placed on the desk, causing her to groan softly.