Chapter 26

Draco scowled at Lucius, clutching his fists together. Hermione comfortingly put her hand on his shoulder, only slightly behind him now. Lucius hopped out of his seat, coming closer to them--but then made a right towards a bookshelf. He grabbed a thick, dusty book out, throwing it at Draco and Hermione's feet. The cover said, 'Malfoy Mannor.' Draco furrowed his eyebrows thinking, 'There's a book about my house?'

"Page 38," Lucius scowled, sitting back down at the desk. Draco hesitantly bent down, picking the book up and flipping to page thirty-eight. Hermione peered over his shoulder. The title read, 'Loathing For Mud-bloods.' Hermione cringed at the last word. Draco gulped, reading the text.

Loathing For Mud-Bloods
Since the first Malfoy--they've all hated muggle borns; in their words, mud-bloods. In their opinion, muggle borns are despicable beings who don't deserve the title of a 'wizard' or 'witch.' It's forbidden any Malfoy loves a mud-blood and it's discouraged to get involved with them--no discussion. Any Malfoy who does--somehow--fall in love with one is erased from the family completely. It's not advised anyone gets involved with them in the first place, so it's not much of a worry.

Draco violently ripped the page out and crumbled it up. He threw the book into the air, pulling his wand out and bursting the book into thousands of pieces of paper. Hermione stepped back in fear.

"Mud-bloods, like this skank, aren't meant for pure-blood Malfoys like us," Lucius spoke, obviously trying to sound as calm as he could. The popping of his veins didn't help much.

"Hermione isn't a skank. She makes me happy--and I would stop at nothing to make sure she's safe, "Draco growled, "Things have changed since you've locked yourself up in your own little nut shell, foolish man. I met my sister, and she's the most genuine person I've ever met. I don't give a shit what anyone says. I love Hermione Jean Granger."

"You're being naive, Draco. You're eighteen, I thought you'd have more sense," Lucius snapped.

"You've been naive all your life, you pathetic pest," Draco stepped forward, "You think that muggles and muggle borns are disgraces to human kind, but you don't understand how wrong you truly are. Muggles bring many great things; sports, fashion, games, and they're practically just like us. They cry, laugh, smile, get angry or overly excited. They're just as competitive at their sports than we are at Quidditch. Muggles and wizards are so alike, but you're too naive to see that."

"You're delusional!" Lucius shouted.

"No!" Hermione stepped in, "He's right. If anyone here is delusional--you are! Have you ever seen the birth of a muggle? It's the same exact way any witch or wizard is born--alive and innocent. There's only one difference wizards and muggles have--and that's our minds. We all think differently than each other. So don't go telling me that we're different."

"Shut the bloody hell up, mud-blood," Lucius yelled. Hermione's face dropped, Draco wrapping his arm around her waist. Lucius made a disgusted face, "Oh, stop it! You need to realize that mud-bloods are a waste of space. What happened to the old Draco? The one who knew right from wrong?"

"The old Draco?" Draco growled, "You know what? I have changed. I've had a change of heart. You bloody can't see how wrong you are and you blame everyone around you but the only person you have to blame is yourself."

"I've done nothing wrong!" Lucius shot back. Draco ran over to the desk in the blink of an eye, pressed his forehead against his father's before shouting, "YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG?"

Lucius pushed him back, standing up, "NO!"

"TELL THAT TO THE KIDS AND PEOPLE YOU HURT! THE PEOPLE YOU HARMED! TELL THAT TO ZEKE! TELL THAT TO HERMIONE! MOST OF ALL, TELL THAT TO ME." Draco shouted, his face turning bright red. Hermione trembled, trying to stay out of the fight. She pressed herself against the bookshelves, grasping onto her wand tightly.