Chapter 21

Red and green streamers fell from the gigantic ceiling, hovering a couple feet above Hermione. Tables were scattered around the dancing floor, white draped over them all. Each table was reserved for certain people. Ginny and Cristi had people sign up for who they wanted to sit with and arranged it all so everyone could sit with their friends. In the far right corner stood an enormous, very tall Christmas tree. Next to it was a stage where the DJ was placed along with a microphone to announce the selected Mrs. and Mr. Claus. (Basically like the King and Queen at proms).

Hermione watched as Ginny and Cristi frantically ran around the room, making sure everything was in place. The party was tomorrow, and Hermione still hadn't been asked by anyone, although she did get her dress. She was at the point that she might just come with Crookshanks as her date, which wasn't that bad of an idea to her.

"Oi!" Cristi shouted across the room, watching Hermione sulk while sitting down on one of the chairs. She turned her head to Cristi in annoyance.

"Yes?"

"Quit sulking and come help me put some more lights on the tree!" Cristi yelled. Hermione sighed, getting up and pacing over towards the tree. She pulled her wand out alongside Cristi and began to place lights on the tree.

"Did you find a date yet?" She asked. Hermione frowned and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, but no one has asked me," said Hermione.

"Really? Ron never gets around to anything," Cristi rolled her eyes. Hermione stopped putting up lights and faced Cristi instantly.

"What?" Hermione snapped.

"Crap... well, that just happened," Cristi shrugged, "Ron was going to ask you. That's why we said you needed a date." Hermione stepped back stunned and slightly angry with Ginny and Cristi.

"H-he what? No. A billion times no. I don't like Ron like that, Cristi. I'm over Ron, matter of fact, I am not into gingers anymore," Hermione replied in an unvarnished tone.

"Hey! I heard that!" Ginny shouted from across the room.

"Except you Ginny! I still love you!" Hermione yelled with a laugh, she then turned to Cristi and shook her head 'no' in a joking way. Ginny rolled her eyes and exited the room mumbling, "I need to go get something." Cristi let out a small giggle. Hermione faced the tree again, continuing to place lights and decorations.

"Then who do you fancy?" Cristi asked, "I know you fancy someone."

"I don't," Hermione lied. She didn't want them to know, Ginny would most likely flip out. Cristi might not, but Harry, Ron, and Ginny would. Cristi gave Hermione a dumb expression, as if saying you-got-to-be-kidding-me.

"That's completely and utterly bull," Cristi smiled, "I can tell you like someone, 'Mione. You're always daydreaming and whenever we're in 'the room' you're in a trance. I honestly thought it was Ron."

"Well it's not," Hermione replied. I gave it away! Reminder to quit staring at him like a lost puppy next time...

"Ha! I knew you liked someone! Is it Wyatt? Or... Caiden?" Cristi asked, sounding slightly more sad at the second name. Hermione raised her eyebrows.

"What's up with you and Caiden?" Hermione questioned. Cristi's shoulders slugged and she looked off in the other direction.

"Nothing," said Cristi.

"Tell me," Hermione demanded.

"If you tell me who you like I'll tell you," Cristi blackmailed. Hermione groaned.