Chapter 11

The strong smell of black coffee filled Hermione's nose as she entered Potions class, sitting down in her regular seat. Malfoy wasn't there, and class had already started. She wondered where he was. Professor Bewillex was drinking the coffee, swirling it around in her cup. She hiccuped, coughing right after. Her nose was bright red, and she had miserable bags under her eyes. She sniffled a few times, her eyes barely keeping open.

"Welcome back, class-" she sneezed, achoo, "As you can probably see," achoo, "I'm kind of sick." The professor took a tissue and blew her nose, grossing all of the students out.

"Today we will be learning the Sinewy Potion. This, " achoo, "potion makes the drinker ten times stronger and buffer in an instant. Unfortunately it only lasts about five minutes. On the bright side, it's not too complicated to make," achoo, "so let's get started." said Professor Bewillex, pulling out the ingredients and informing them on how to make it. When she finished, Malfoy walked into the room. His face was pale, and rigid. Sweat was dripping down his hair. He ran over to his seat, looking over to Hermione.

"Ah, I'm happy to see you showed up Draco. Next time I'm going to," achoo, "take away points." the professor spoke, and Malfoy nodded his head. Hermione went to get the ingredients, explaining to him how to make it as she began cutting some beans and putting them into the cauldron. Malfoy caught on, doing as she said. Hermione sighed, placing the last needed item into the cauldron with relief. She grinned over at him, stirring the potion cautiously.

"Granger." said Malfoy calmly, watching her stir the ingredients. She gazed to him, tilting her head sideways. "Can I talk to you after classes, before dinner?"

Hermione thought about it, curious as to why he'd want to talk to her. Maybe he wanted to talk about what happened last night, which would mean he might have stopped hating her. Otherwise, she had no other idea why he'd like to speak with her. Hermione nodded and replied, "Sure."

"Great, I'll see you in front of the library." he spoke.

~*~

Cristi sped down the hallway, waving goodbye as Hermione and her left Herbology. They separated ways, as she went to her next class. She walked through the busy halls, some people bumping into her. She climbed up a marble set of stairs, but then they began to move to the complete other side of the building. Hermione groaned, stepping down the stairs and heading into a different direction. She usually got to class early, so she'd have just enough time to get there now.

Hermione passed by a row of windows against the wall, revealing where Hagrid's hut stood and the Forbidden Forest. That's when she thought she saw a Dementor skidding from the forest, it's cloak draping behind it raggedly. Hermione took a second glance, and the dark creature was still there, approaching the castle. She found the closest pair of doors, and went outside trying to spot the Dementor. But she couldn't find it anymore. She shrugged it off, heading to class immediately and making it just on time.

When the class was over, Hermione detected Ron and Harry and she caught up with them. They were chatting about the teachers and how they've been reviewing a lot of things and just want to get started with the new stuff. Hermione laughed at them, surprised to see them excited about learning new things. They didn't notice her, though, until she spoke up.

"I need to tell you guys something." said Hermione. Ron turned to meet her gaze, an awkward smile planted on his lips. Harry scratched his head, his scar faintly showing.

"What?" said Ron.

"I think I saw a Dementor." she answered, her eyes wide open in shock. They looked at her bewildered, and then burst into laughter. Hermione's face turned a bright pink, her eyes glancing back and forth from the two boys. When they finally stopped laughing, Harry just burst into laughter again and Ron joined him. Hermione rolled her eyes, pulling the two boys to Care for Magical Creatures, wishing they'd take her seriously.