Chapter 19

The Whomping Willow swayed in the air, blocking the dementors view of Draco and Hermione. Hermione's eyes were sealed shut, her body dependently leaning on Draco's shoulder. He was humming a soft tune as they sat there cluelessly.

His voice was delicate, but not his best feature. It didn't sound bad, but it didn't necessarily sound good. All the same, Hermione appreciated his lack of worry for the situation they were currently in. She felt a smile tug at her lips as he pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear. Hermione nestled her head into the crook of his neck and his arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Isn't this great?" Draco spoke.

"What do you mean?" Hermione replied.

"Us. We are sitting close to one of the most dangerous trees, surrounded by soul sucking demons, hoping we'd somehow figure out a way to save Harry and Ron, and hoping we manage to make it into the castle with ease," He answered. Hermione couldn't help but laugh.

"I suppose so," she smiled, looking up at Draco to see his glimmering blue eyes wander around the tree. She sighed.

"Draco," Hermione said, "Thank you."

"You've already thanked me plenty of times," Draco grinned, "but you're welcome."

"I know that, I just want to make sure you knew it," said Hermione. Draco leaned his head back against the wall of the castle.

"Since I don't know what might happen to us, I feel like you deserve to know something," he said. Hermione looked at him, eager to hear more.

"What?" she questioned.

"The reason I've been, well, ya know, uh, nicer to muggle borns and well, the reason I want them to not die is because uhm," Draco began.

"Words, Draco," Hermione giggled. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I have a sister," Draco said, "She's kind of blood related to me."

"You have a sister? What?" Hermione replied.

"It's complicated," he spoke.

"In what sense?" Hermione asked.

"Long story short, my mum married this other man before my father, but he was a muggle. He, uhm, cheated on my mum with a muggle girl and then my mum got pregnant. When she found out he cheated, they got a divorce and she found my dad," said Draco. Hermione's mouth flew open shocked.

"Wha- so your sister is a muggle?" said Hermione.

"Yeah. She barely got any traits from my mom. She looks more like her father and nothing like me," he replied.

"How do you know?" she asked.

"I met her over the summer. Since my father was, well, in hiding, I spent the entire summer with her and her dad," said Draco.

"What's her name? What's she like? Is she nice?" Hermione spoke.

"Her name is Faith Beckwall and she's more than nice. She's so sweet and generous. She made me realize how wrong I was about muggles and how wrong my father misplaced them," Draco responded, "She left a major impact on me by just being herself."

"She sounds wonderful," said Hermione.

"Not as wonderful as you," Draco replied. Hermione blushed and looked up at him and he was gazing up at the sky. She then glanced at the sky and saw as dark clouds were beginning to roll over above the castle.