Chapter 12

Pulling the cloak over herself, Hermione crawled out of the Gryffindor Common Room and tip-toed over to the library. The corridors were silent and dark, making Hermione jump at any little noise. She tugged the invisibility tighter against her body, trying to control her heavy breathing. She nearly tripped, facing the entrance of the book filled room.

Hermione's back touched the wall, and she wrapped the cloak around her shoulders. To other's people perspective's it looked like she was a floating head. She saw Malfoy as he walked out from the darkness, placing his finger against his lips. He approached Hermione, and she covered the both of them with the invisibility cloak quickly. Malfoy looked at her before walking forward, Hermione barely keeping up. They walked down the halls, their bodies nearly pressed together. Hermione felt quite uncomfortable, being such a close distance to him. It was like they were in the closet all over again.

Finally Malfoy heaved open a door, Hermione following the blonde haired boy inside. There were desks, and a black board. Ripped up papers and spider webs were clustered around the room. It appeared to be an unused classroom. Malfoy left the safety of the cloak, walking over to the back of the room. Hermione shut the door softly, hearing the soft click before uncovering herself. She placed the cloak on one of the desks. She glanced at the black board and saw the musky dust covering it. She cringed her nose in disgust, avoiding any and all spider webs as she walked closer to Malfoy.

"What's this?" said Hermione, barely audible. He turned around to face her, holding a box filled with items. He paced to the front of the classroom, placing the box on top of one of the desks. He rubbed his hands together, prying the box open.

"Alright," said Malfoy. "Before I tell you what I need your help for, I'm going to need to catch you up on a few things." Hermione pursed her lips, leaning her body against the side of a table. Malfoy opened the box completely but not taking anything out.

"Well?" said Hermione.

"After the war had ended, the Ministry of Magic forced all Death Eaters to drink that potion, the one we learned in Potions class. If a Death Eater refused, they were sent to Azkaban," said Malfoy. "My mother and I drank it, but my father wanted to stay a Death Eater. He had too much pride, and he strangely believes Voldemort is coming back. He's an idiot." Malfoy nose crinkled up, his head shaking.

"What does this have to do with anything?" snapped Hermione, who was growing impatient. She didn't care that his father wanted to be a Death Eater, or that he believes Voldemort was coming back. She just wanted to know why he needed her help.

"Hermione, he wants to overthrow the world." said Malfoy, glaring down at her. She stared at him in disbelief, and then scoffed, letting out a small chuckle.

"How does he plan on doing that? He has no army, Malfoy." said Hermione. This time it was his turn to laugh in her face, and roll his eyes. Malfoy paced the room, shaking his head and mumbling things to himself. In Hermione's mind, she thought he looked insane. Eventually, he turned back to face her. He looked very frustrated.

"Do you really believe he has no army? Hermione, for pete's sake he was one of Voldemort's most trusted followers! He has connections everywhere. All of those Dementors? Don't tell me you haven't seen them. They are increasingly coming to the Forbidden Forest under his command. And all of the Death Eaters? The ones who didn't drink the potion most definitely hate muggles. They're willing to cause any trouble. They are mad, Hermione. They want revenge, any kind of revenge. The Death Eaters refuse to believe Voldemort died and they hate that he did. Not only does he have all of them, he wants me on this too." said Malfoy, clenching his fists and shouting.