Chapter 10

Hermione calmed her breathing, keeping her wand pointed threateningly towards him. She gazed at Malfoy as he brushed the dust off his arms and then crossed them, setting a fixed look on her. She huffed out an annoyed breath, not daring to glance away from him, afraid he might attempt something on her. With her free hand, she pulled a strand of brown hair behind her ear, not blinking once.

"What are you doing?" spat Hermione, piercing her eyes into his blue, icy ones.

"Actually, Granger, what are you doing?" said Malfoy, rolling his eyes. She continued to point her wand at him, shaking a little. He was wearing his green, Slytherin robe as usual, but his hair was extremely messy and sticking out in all directions. In a way he looked cute, but Hermione refused to think that. She couldn't possibly think the boy who has made part of her Hogwarts experience torture was handsome, in any shape or form, so she stuck to believing he was rude and ignorant.

"Stop goofing around. If a teacher comes down-"

"Oh shut up. Sneaking out means you might get caught. If you didn't want to get caught, why did you leave in the first place?" asked Malfoy, trying to be smarter than he really was. Hermione rolled her eyes, wanting to prove him wrong but debating whether telling him she had an invisibility cloak was a good idea. Matter of fact, it was Harry's and she had no right to be taking it without permission but she knew she was going to return it to him when she was done right away. But now it was somewhere on the ground and Malfoy was standing there looking at her. If she bent down on her knees and felt the ground, he'd get suspicious. Maybe if she just told him, he would help her find it.

"Sometimes you have to do what you have to do." said Hermione with a grin. Asking him to help her find an invisibility cloak was a naive move, because when does he ever help her? Let alone, when does he ever help anyone? Hermione squinted her eyes at Malfoy, who was now peering down another hall, checking to see if anyone was around. When the coast was clear, he gazed back over to Hermione. She pursed her lips and crossed her arms firmly, grasping onto her wand tightly.

"So why did you sneak out? You aren't the type to do that." spoke Malfoy in a whisper. Hermione got offended, and scoffed at his comment before letting her hands fall to her hips.

"What are you trying to say?" she responded coolly. He looked away, covering a laugh. Hermione tried to not get angry, and yell at him but the longer he took to respond, the more she felt like screaming.

"I think you're a goodie two shoes." said Malfoy smirking. Hermione scrunched her face up, anger swelling over her as she clenched her fists. He took a step back, aware about how she felt and looked as if he was about to flee.

"Me? Goodie two shoes? I break the rules all the time. Every year Ron and Harry make me come along with them to do something that involves breaking the rules and I've gotten so used to it, it no longer bothers me." said Hermione. That last part was a lie, because it does still bother her greatly but since she's done it so much, she doesn't show that it makes her uncomfortable. It actually doesn't affect her anymore, but whenever she's asked to do something that involves breaking rules she always hesitates. Overall though, she's a rule breaker, as much as she hates to admit it.

"They make you break rules. You don't break the rules by yourself." Malfoy snickered, again thinking he was being intelligent. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"What am I doing now?" she chuckled, "I don't see Ron or Harry anywhere around here."

"Oh really?" he replied, amused at where their conversation was heading. He raised his eyebrow, a smirk planted on his lips. His arms were crossed, as well as Hermione's. She decided to take the chat to another subject, a more serious one.