four

another rainy day

another rainy day. . .

chaeyoung stared at the view outside her window with a frown. why hasn't the weather been holding up at all lately?

normally, she enjoyed staying home and cuddling up to her blanket, binge watching her favorite Netflix show, however lately she had grown sick of it. 

after dressing up in a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved cropped sweater, she grabbed her coat, umbrella and bag, deciding to do some studying for a change.

chéri was a french inspired korean café, which opened two months ago. the first time chaeyoung went there, she was with a few of her friends from uni. the café was spacious, paved with wooden floors and different frames hung on the walls. it had been a rainy day, just as this one. they were all seated by the corner table, next to the large window where the pitter patter of the small, pleasant raindrops could be heard. they had just finished taking their last exam for the season and to celebrate, jisoo, the extrovert of the group had decided to check out the newly opened café. chaeyoung hadn't refused, since the café was pretty close to her house.

as they chatted with one-another, enjoying their drinks and deserts, jisoo had asked everyone about their wishes for this year. the others laughed it off, calling her childish at first, but soon everyone was already sharing their wish. when it was chaeyoung's turn, she felt everyone's eyes on her. she had been quiet the entire time and that must have made the others wonder about her wish.

i wish love would happen to me at least once.

the others had stared at her in silence for a moment, before chuckling amongst themselves and moving on to the next wish. jisoo had given chaeyoung an understanding look, followed by a small smile. i'm sure it will happen to you. maybe you haven't found the right person yet, she had told her.

now, that same table was empty. chaeyoung sat down on one of the chairs, taking out her books from her bag and placing them on the table. it had been five minutes and she had already managed to organize her stuff and write down some notes on her notebook, when she heard a voice.

"psychology, huh? is that your major?"

looking up, she met a pair of brown orbs, hooded underneath long brown eyelashes. those cat-like eyes she vividly remembered from last week. . .the girl in front of her was breathtakingly beautiful, in a way that made you want to gasp for air and it took all of chaeyoung's power not to gawk at the beauty in front of her.

"y-yes." chaeyoung found herself stutter in response, cheeks turning pink. the unknown girl smiled at her, taking out her notepad and pen from the pocket of her apron.

"have you decided on what to order? i'd recommend the tiramisu and the maple café au lait."

chaeyoung paused for a moment, nodding her head at the recommendation. she wasn't much of a coffee person, but she did drink it every once in awhile.

the unknown brunette smiled at her once again, knocking out all of the breath chaeyoung's lungs carried.

she walked away, heading towards the front counter. chaeyoung could now get a better look at her hourglass shaped body as it adorned a tight pastel pink  miniskirt with a white striped shirt. the pink beret on top of her head didn't go unnoticed either.

it must be her uniform, she thought to herself.

she thought back to the first time she had seen her. she seemed so empty, yet today she seemed normal. sighing, she looked back down at her notes, deciding to concentrate on them.

her order arrived soon after and she looked up at the girl, spotting the name tag on her apron.

"thank you. . ." she trailed off, eyes scanning over the name tag. "irene."

"jennie." the girl corrected. "kim jennie."