six

the locker shut with a creak, causing jennie to cringe in response

the locker shut with a creak, causing jennie to cringe in response. she picked up her shoulder purse, glancing back at the locker one last time.

from what irene had told her, the place used to be a nightclub before it got shut down. for years, it stood empty until it was bought by the current owner last year and transformed into a café. seemed to her like all of the funds were only used on the decor and the appliances. the changing rooms on the other side. . .she just hoped that the state of the changing rooms would get fixed soon.

her eyes landed on lana, the employee from russia who had moved here when she was a teenager. she was currently wiping the tables clean one by one. it was pretty late and the café had already reached its closing time. she leaned against the counter, waiting for lana so they could lock up and grab a drink at the red moon pub. it was a pub she frequented with irene and sometimes lana would join them as well. it had been awhile since the last time they paid it a visit and jennie didn't want to hold until irene recovered(so the three of them would head there together), because she desperately needed a drink. especially after what had happened last week. she could somehow still feel those wet clothes stick to her skin. she could still picture herself on that stool, the rain pouring all over her. . .

"um, excuse me, miss?" she heard lana's voice, snapping out of her thoughts and glancing over at lana. lightly leaning to the side to peek at the person lana was speaking to, she couldn't help but chuckle. it was the same girl she had talked with, a few hours earlier. the psychology major one.

"huh? oh. . .hi." her soft voice had a slight rasp to it.

"chaeyoung?" she heard lana ask, an eyebrow raising in interest as she wondered whether the two knew each-other.

"yes?" chaeyoung replied. there was a slight pause before she continued. "lana? i almost didn't recognize you. wow, you've changed a lot since high school."

the two began talking about their lives while reminiscing past memories. jennie didn't pay much attention, glancing down at her wrist and checking the tattoo ink imprinted in her skin. angel wings. . .

the corner of her lips slightly twitched upwards. a demon with angel wings. that's what she referred to herself as. that's what others knew her as.

"jennie, come here. there's someone i want to introduce you to." lana spoke, giving the elder female a smile.

jennie walked over to the two, glancing down at chaeyoung. "we meet again."

chaeyoung only smiled in response before finally standing up straight as she glanced over at lana.

"you two know each-other?" lana inquired, eyes moving back in forth between her and chaeyoung.

"i didn't catch your name earlier," jennie commented, narrowing her eyes at chaeyoung. she had heard lana call her by her name earlier, but she wanted  to hear it straight from her herself.

"that's because i didn't tell you," chaeyoung pointed out, ignoring lana as well.

she smirked a little in response, looking at chaeyoung with amused eyes.

"park chaeyoung." she added after a bit.

"since you two are already acquainted with one-another, how about she joins us for a drink?" lana questioned, looking over at jennie for permission.

jennie slightly rose her brow at lana's request, feeling a bit uncomfortable. this was the second time she had run into her and besides, jennie wanted to get drunk in the comfort of one of her closest friends and probably find a one night stand to get her mind off things.

kim jennie was the type to get drunk and have sex when she needed a distraction. according to her, it was very therapeutic and it was her way of getting her mind off things.

irene didn't appreciate jennie's approach, but she had learned that no matter how many times she'd advise jennie not to - she still would.

jennie was stubborn like that.

what jennie wants, jennie gets, lana would often joke.

she stared at chaeyoung, shamelessly checking her out. her pink full lips, the cropped sweater she was wearing which revealed her small waist, her slightly round hips. . .

jennie sucked in a breath. maybe a night stand with the new girl wouldn't be such a bad idea. it's not like they'd ever see each-other again after that. they were clearly opposites.

judging by looks, chaeyoung seemed like someone who already had her life all figured out and would stick to it, while jennie didn't. she just went with the flow.

"it's fine, i have to head home and finish studying anyway." chaeyoung spoke after awhile, glancing at jennie for a moment before looking at lana and giving her a smile. "it was nice to see you again, we should hang out sometime."

"you've been studying for hours on end." jennie said all of a sudden, looking at chaeyoung. "you should come with us and relax a little."

the redhead in front of her didn't answer and jennie could tell she was probably thinking about it, yet she continued, trying to convince her.

"don't worry, we'll call a taxi and get you home safely if that's what you're worried about."

"oh, um, yeah, i wasn't. . ." chaeyoung began, biting on her plump lower lip.

"so you're coming??" lana interrupted her with a bright smile on her face, the excitement in her voice clear as day.

". . .i guess."

lana smiled brightly and practically crushed the redhead into a hug before pulling away. "alright, this will be a night to remember."

oh, it certainly was, jennie thought with a small smirk.
_____________
a/n: i made chaeyoung a redhead in this, because she looks so stunning in red hair uwu

also this chapter is pretty long compared to the others, so i hope you enjoyed it.

also yes, jennie a baddie in this book.

also, what are your thoughts on lana? if you don't know, she's from russia and debuted as a kpop singer.

anyway, some smut will probably be coming soon ;) i'll mark the chapter with 💧 so you can skip it if you're uncomfortable with smut.

anyway, thoughts on the story so far?

hope you all have a great day or night!❤️